Spawning carp

gunner-2

dose anyone know how long for the carp to finish spawning not sure if this cold snap will put a damper on things

or if they are done yet the carp have been very quiet last couple weeks and i know it's do to the spawn just hoping it

will pick up soon

Carp can stop spawning if the water temperature drops below the spawning threshold and will continue the spawn after the water warms up. 

I gave it a go for a few hrs. at Gibby yesterday ,  but it was a "no go" ...for my corn .  The water was very high , clear and a little on the cold side . Maybe I should have tried lures for pike .....or tried Jordan where I have had some success catching carp ......(maybe  tomorrow)  , lots of maize left . 

It was nice taking in the scenery & watching a very large bird gliding over head .... looked like an osprey .  And some baitfish were breaking the surface ....

SAM_7182.JPG

The morons are still leaving their deadly line behind  (30# mono) ....can't fix stupid .......:dunno:

SAM_7181.JPG

Tried Jordan today for 3 hrs.......managed to hook one carp just over 12 lbs.....good fighter .

Did my usual thing collecting fishing line , but this was something new......looks like a section of gill netting left on a large rock at the water line .

SAM_7190.JPG

After checking this net this morning , it is a 1.5" gill net and over 6 ft. long with small  1" floats but no weights . The line looks new ....assuming it got all messed up and never entered the water .  

Archived