Maggie's Back in Town

smerchly

It's been a month since we lost our dog Rex , & it's been too quiet here ...... We have been looking at getting another older dog to give it a new life with lots of TLC .....and we have found a 7 year old "Jug" that has been waiting for us since being housed at the Welland Animal Shelter since January ....nobody seems to want an older dog .... . She is a bundle of joy , full of P & V , and very energetic for her 7 years . The previous owners didn't want her when they found out she had a bladder stone and needed special dog food (ex-rays etc) to get her back to health . She was also over weight & needed to lose a few lbs. She had all her shots , lost all the extra weight & they chipped her while we were there .....came home with us the first visit ! We got a call the 2 nd day from Welland to inform us that the ex-rays showed the stone had dissolved completely  !   She is lightening fast & almost caught a rabbit in our yard ....but she snaps at bees !  :unsure:  ...and flies  !  Rex was a boxer/pug , even though I couldn't see much boxer in him .....Maggie is pug/Jack Russel .....very friendly with strangers and loves to bounce up on the bed and snuggle up . We hope to give her many more years of the good life with us . She loves the car/truck & I'm sure she will be no problem taking her in the boat at Quinte soon. You can see the similarity between her & Rex  . She is more under shod & less than half the weight ......We are happy campers !    :)

SAM_7137.JPG

SAM_7154.JPG

What a sweet hart smerch it's cool that you have gave her a second chance to many people just don't like to spend money on there pets

and that is sad but it's people like you that make the difference and give them the home they deserve i'm sure she will bring you lots of joy .

I volunteer at a rescue shelter and Smerch is right, a lot of people don't want older animals, they want younger and "cuter". 

Smerch, it makes me soo happy to see you rescued her even knowing about all the previous "issues" she may have had. You're truly a kind soul and I hope she brings you as much happiness as you have already brought her. 

I'd swear these dogs are thankful for rescuing them ....both Maggie & Rex showed us their gratitude by licking us and snuggling up to us the very first day !  I have been tossing balls (2 of them ) in our back yard , watching her trying to decide which one to bring back to me .....wife cracking up watching us . 

...rolling on grass laughing her a$$  off........:roflblack:

SAM_7158.JPG

I commend you smerchly.  My dog is also a rescue dog and I have always treated my animals as family members because well they are. I would do anything and spend as much  $$ for anything they needed.i would much rather go to the pound versus a breeder. Animals in the pound deserve more and I hope you and your wife enjoy Maggie to the fullest. 

Archived