Not a bad looking creek

yakfish

I finally took the time to explore a little creek I'd read about.  Its been know to many if not most of you for many years, but today is a first for me! I found a safe looking place to park and took a short walk just to have a look. Didn't take long for me to go back to the van and grab a rod, a few hooks and a can of corn. I've tossed in a couple small handfuls of corn and am currently waiting on something besides the mosquitoes to bite. On the opposite bank I'm watching a couple racoons crawling over the rocks and up and down a tree. Who knew you could find this much peace, quite and natural beauty this close to such a crappy part of town?!

20160610_093017_zpsmatm3ilm.jpg

20160610_093023_zpspxngjh16.jpg

Got this little guy and his slightly larger twin so far. I'm keeping this one to use as cut bait tonight. I've lost a couple other bites too. Pretty decent action so far!

20160610_095521_zpsylddtj4t.jpg

Nice man! Love it...

part of the reason I love fishing is the nature....sometimes its nice to just pull out a chair and get a good dose of nature...and for me..nothing beats a clear calm lake in the morning with some fog on top..just....looooooooove it

Hey good job yakfish ya if you can get past the mosquito's a person could sit there all day .The wild life you would see it just keeps you amazed 

that creek looks like a creek i wood duck hunt [not the same creek just looks like it ] keep exploring you never know what you will find next .i here carp is good cut bait

never tried it .Good luck out there

Looks like root beer river...... carp and cats and suckers mostly in their. Will find the odd bass and pike. Look for the deeper pools and ull be alright. Make sure u wash ur hands good when u get home or ull end up with a rash 

Archived