Catfish in the Canal?

Jmo1685

Hey Guys,

does anyone know what the population of catfish is like in the Rec Canal? I'm not targeting them, more trying to avoid them. Plan on carp fishing it on Saturday morning and have some new flavours of boilies I wanna try out but they will also attract catfish, and as much as I love catching fish, I'm hoping to keep it strictly carp. Any input would be greatly appreciated ! 

Agree with rickyy33  , never caught a cat in the rec.canal . Maybe a sheepshead or some fat gobies might take a crack at your boilies . I did well on the carp today ....nice to get a few after a long drought .  They were hitting the pineapple maize and hitting hard .....maybe the rain storm energized them ......B)

Good luck JMO !

Thanks for the info guys.

Got skunked today in Port Credit. Not a sniff all day, and my slingshot broke with maybe 50 shots on it total, so that's being superglued and duct taped for the weekend.

Saw a mirror carp in the spot i am heading to this weekend, hoping he is still in the area.

On the menu, Spicy Squid boilies over a particle mix with some Halibut and Hemp groundbait.

Archived