Are the motorguide wireless control unit trolling motor any good?

fishfight

I am contemplating of buying a used Motorguide 75lb 24V bow mount wireless control Trolling motor. Any potential issues with the wireless unit? 

I read that the wireless control does not respond with some obstruction between the control and the motor, But I do not intend the put the control too far from the motor itself. I also read on line that the hand control seems to work better.  

Thanks for any feedback. 

I have the same unit. Mine was installed on the used boat I bought earlier this season. So far it has worked flawlessly but have not tried the foot pedal,only using the fob. I have zero complaints about it so far

The used one I have in mind does not even have a control at all. I am not even sure how to test the unit to ensure it was working before I buy the hand Fob control for it.

Couple things:

I have a Motorguide Wireless, and the range on the foot pedal is around 20-25' (tested, when I crossed the street from my boat and it was still working).

One thing that you have to be weary of is breakdown rate on the steering box.  That's what happened to mine.

Wireless do have a slower response time than cable trolling motors, but wireless can be operated virtually anywhere from the boat.

Message me if you are looking to buy parts or the pedal, I have a complete motor but the steering drive doesn't work.  Mine is a quick release model, 75lb, 24V.

Archived