Night fishin'

fredfisher

Im looking to get out tonight and try some shore fishing...for 'eyes...on lake erie...or other?? If anyone can point me in a direction,itd be greatly appreciated!  PM me if you like! Thanks,a greatful Fredfisher! 

Wondering the same thing  f-red fisher .......clicked on about 54 times to check for info replies , maybe no one is fishing for cats or eyes after dark this time of the year....waiting for the hard water .   :Gonefishing: 

I tried night fishing many times, fishing at kawarthas lake on a boat, or fishing Port D for trout, or fishing whirlpool few hours before dawn, not too successful at it. Nothing  as good as fishing an hour after dusk and at dawn, or daylight fishing. The only best fishing at night was the salmon pier fishing during fall or carp fishing at Hamilton during springtime. Though i heard others do catch different species of fish sporadically at night. 

Finding where the fish are located is key to catching them at any time of the day.

We went out last night last for walleye lower river....caught nothing.......very calm evening..... water temperature 50F ....fun night....will try again once the weather turns....didn't see many minnows close to shore either. Normally do well this time of year too.

Such a great way to fit in fishing when time is limited. I got a brown last week at 9ish. Braid helps with the feel of the drift at night. Smallmouth fishing at night is fun on the upper and lower from shore. Walleye too from shore.  The last few times out in the boat I've been going out in the dark and watching the sun rise. Fishing is not necessarily any better for me in the dark but it's pretty nice and peaceful. Be safe wherever you go. Trout at night this early in the season can pay off for sure

Ive been shut out thelast 5-6 times at the river..but i did get to the bottom of the river monster.Sturgeon! Its been a weird year down there eh Moose..weird on erie too! My last trip to the gorge i pulled my calf so i was looking to try someplace else with minimal walking..not looking for anyones honeyhole just direction is all. Im not ready to call it quits just yet Smerch..the ice will have to wait. 
So the other night i hit up the ferry docks in port robinson ..nada! Been skunked too many times lately. I didnt see any no trespassing or no fishing sign there so i guess its okay to fish there? 

Archived