L.Simcoe

fredfisher

My buddy had a hut rented out for the weekend and hut operator had called him to tell them they will have to reschedule

cant remember who he was going out with but it's not good unless it was cold up there all week

20 hours ago, Centre_Pin_Assasin said:

There is a major ice rescue going on right now on simco so I don't think anyone is going out

Think that's from 2012 Matt. seen that on facebook too. An elderly man did need rescue on the 20th. Check the blue Ice report for updated conditions.

We hit simcoe yesterday and so did some other anglers.i counted no fewer than 200 portable huts,possibly 500 people on cooks bay. No rescue parties, no swimming, no blockades at waters edge advising people to stay off the ice. There where quads out there, snowmobiles and even permanent huts. It looked as though the bay was froze from coast to coast.The fishing was very slow at all depths we tried(8,9,10,20,25'). I can tell you this though...A)the ice was consistently 7"+ and good hard ice   & B ) Cooks Bay is Lake Simcoe 

Gather information, try and sort through the crap and facts then figure out your plan

Slow day as I said but waaaaay better than watching fishing from the couch.

Fredfisher

Right on bro! I guess I wasn't deep enough. Buddies of mine slaying them in 6-10' like 5 days ago. I want to take the young fella out locally Saturday...busy weekend but I need to sit on ice!

On 27 January, 2017 at 0:26 PM, tombo said:

Just found it, atv thru the ice just west of huts outta Port Bolster. Change of plans!

LOL i guess there was no change in plan after all...sounds like a great day tombo!

Archived