Local Grass Carp

smerchly

I'm hoping to catch one of these this year  . There may be some info from the Fisheries & Oceans Canada coming soon at Dunnville  where they will be having a seminar on catching  grass carp . The one on display here is about 30 lbs . (14kgs) . I will not be attending , but hope they publish the info on line or in the local papers . I would like to know what baits are best and how to use them .

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/04/13/asian-carp-exercise-being-held-in-dunnville

I grow lots of cherry toms.  NRF ...will have to hook one up .  Could try using a float with 4 hooks on a drop shot with a different veggie on each hook at various depths .  It's about 5 -10' deep where I will be after the grassers  . May get out for a few hours today ....only thing on the menu is corn ...

....Edit ....

....my guesstimate on the water depth was off a tad .....measured the depth today with a float/sinker & it was over 13 ' deep .  Fished with corn for 4 hrs.......not a bite ....too deep - too cold ?  Back to the shallows next trip .

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Smerch wish you all the best in catching a grasser.  

Thanks Tyler ....nothing biting today at Gibby ,  I think they are more active in shallow water . ....13' deep where I tried for carp today ....didn't lose a single kernel of corn !  After a little more warmer water temps the bite will get better .

Archived