Met the legend

WalleyeChaser

On my way up to Welland yesterday for work, driving along beaverdams when I noticed the gold chariot parked along the water with the NFN  sticker. Had to stop and pull over and introduce myself to the great smerchly. It was a pleasure meeting you in person and a privilege for the quick conversation. Any time u need a fishing partner I'm more than willing to learn from the best....and if you ever want to get out on Erie for eyes or perch let me know and we'll set it up id be more than willing to take you out... Hopefully u ended up getting a couple yesterday, was a gorgeous day. I went last nite for 1.5 hrs I was skunked but my buddy got a small 5 lber. 

It was a pleasure meeting you WalleyeChaser  !    Thanks for all the compliments (Grasshopper)  ;).....but this old boy is still in the learning mode ... trying out my weird concoctions and rigs . Some work , and some are real duds !  I was trying corn puffs on a hair rig yesterday ....putting 2 puffs on the hair enclosed with pack bait (oats / cream corn) . I got about 6 "bites" ....pick up & drop , but no hook ups . I think what was happening ,since the puffs float off bottom ,  the carp (or other fish) were picking up the puffs & easily pulling them off the hair as they become very soft and easily removed without inhaling the hook ......lesson learned .....will hook the puffs directly on the hook next time .

Any carp guys want to help this old codger with this theory ?   :unsure:

And btw Eyechaser .....thanks for the offer to fish Erie , been a long time since I fished the lake .

And ......NICE  truck you have !!   Hope you and the family enjoy the trips ahead .....always nice to have a nice roomy vehicle for traveling ! 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I've still yet to meet the legend. One day we'll cross lines.  

Can't miss the "Golden Chariot" Tyler ......taking her to Thorold ( Ken Cosgrove)  tomorrow to get the air recharged , then on the way home stop at Big Reds for goodies and check Gibby out to make sure nobody is in MY spot !   :ph34r: .....have binocs will travel !   :ninja:

We will have a get a few of us carp guys together for a day on the water . Good way to test different baits & rigs at the same spot .       :Gonefishing:

Ya Gunner I caught one more perch than you did ....^_^ . We have have to meet up again and give our biceps a good workout hauling in some Gibby carp . I'm open to fish most days , just let me know when you can escape for a few hours.......:Gonefishing: 

You may still be in learning mode but you've been learning longer I have so id say I have to catching up to do. No problem on the offer for Erie and that offer stands, just let me know and we'll set it up like I said. And thanks about the truck. Definitely nicest one I've had nothing fancy tho and with the two lil guys I need the room and the wife said she wasn't ready to be a soccer mom so didn't want the van yet. I didn't argue lol. Defiantly have to get out and carp tho. I'm good wknds and once schools done I'll have evenings ( work for the public school board 3-11  until schools out) 

I've had many vans over the years , mostly full size which had many uses . I could load my 16' freighter inside my last Beauville van with only a few feet sticking out the back ....perfect for local trips . I've had a couple of pickups too but found limited use .....nice to have one of each (which I had for a couple years) Now have the 97 Astro & a G6 sedan ( wifemobile) :) .The big vans were great for camping ( for sleeping) , plus a kitchen tent ....very portable !

Eyechaser ....the carp are just warming up ,  hoping to get my van back today ( with cold air )  & get out tomorrow for carp again .....:Gonefishing:

.....no van today ...I blew it !   I left  the wrong key with my mechanic ....had to go back to Thorold  with the right key (left key didn't work)  :wall: . ....losing it !   :wacko:

I've never minded the vans and agree plenty of uses and perks but I just like the trucks even my first 1982 s10 long box 2.8 L , carburetor too...she was cherry red and built like a tank lol.  It's true on the carp too atleast thats my thinking also. I'm thinking should be soon though. Thats tough on the key mishap but tomorrows fishing is always better than today's anyways ?

Getting a couple carp guys together for a fish sounds good I only fish one way for carp.and would love to see how other people do it I haven't tried anything different becasue where I go what I do seams to work but am always willing to try something different 

Archived