Fishing today

kgm

Went out this morning for a few hours on the welland river. Finally witnessed a musky and a walleye caught out of there. I didn't catch either unfortunately but was very happy to be a part of it. Musky was about 32", the walleye was small.  Both were released. Beautiful morning to be out on the water. 

6 hours ago, kgm said:

We were right in welland between the 2 aqueducts 

I'm hoping to try the river with my boat tomorrow afternoon, weather permitting. I don't have a depth fender on my boat, was thinking of launching across from the welland port airport, any structure I should be aware of in that area?

Hey slowski are you talking about E.C.Brown i fish along there all the time not sure of the size of boat your driving but that stretch of river is not to bad there are a few stumps that stick out as long as the water is not to high you can see them i will be hitting there in the morning to see if there is any thing hitting all i do is troll and we catch pike walleye and the odd crappie to be honest it has been not to great this year but thats fishing if you do get out and thats the part of the river you are going to if you see a camo boat with a 9.9 mercury on it that will be me stop by and say hi I troll from E.C Brown up to the aqueducts

1 hour ago, slowski said:

I'm hoping to try the river with my boat tomorrow afternoon, weather permitting. I don't have a depth fender on my boat, was thinking of launching across from the welland port airport, any structure I should be aware of in that area?

If you go left from the launch towards welland, on the left side of the river just before the bridge there is a small conservation area or something like that. Stay out from shore a ways there, it gets very shallow. I buried my motor in the mud there one time. Aside from that it's ok depth wise. Like gunner said, watch for the odd stump sticking up. Good luck 

45 minutes ago, kgm said:

If you go left from the launch towards welland, on the left side of the river just before the bridge there is a small conservation area or something like that. Stay out from shore a ways there, it gets very shallow. I buried my motor in the mud there one time. Aside from that it's ok depth wise. Like gunner said, watch for the odd stump sticking up. Good luck 

Yes your right kgm i forgot about that spot it dose get shallow there i stay to the center there i never hit bottom there but have lost lures there and i believe there is a log there but more to the right and its under the water cant see it i think thats what steels all my lures lol 

Out of curiosity what are you guys trolling with threw there ..?

I keep my boat in that area but farther up stream at my trailer ...Just put it in this week (busy summer )

I usually go up past Webber and anchor but wanted to try trolling now that I've sorted out my minn kota issues.

BTW I'm in a Starcraft SFM 170 (white and blue ) so say Hi if you see me.

16 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Hey slowski are you talking about E.C.Brown i fish along there all the time not sure of the size of boat your driving but that stretch of river is not to bad there are a few stumps that stick out as long as the water is not to high you can see them i will be hitting there in the morning to see if there is any thing hitting all i do is troll and we catch pike walleye and the odd crappie to be honest it has been not to great this year but thats fishing if you do get out and thats the part of the river you are going to if you see a camo boat with a 9.9 mercury on it that will be me stop by and say hi I troll from E.C Brown up to the aqueducts

I have a 12 footer with a 9.9 on it as well. Just picked it up as a river boat and for small lakes, probably won't get out till later this afternoon but forsure will say hi if I see you. I'm hoping to get into some bass haven't caught one all summer worth talking about

21 minutes ago, slowski said:

either of you guys do well on the river over the weekend? I didn't manage to get out do to some unforeseen boat issues?

Hey slowski i never made it out as well 

Archived