Sittin' on the dock

smerchly

...of the bay ,

Waistin' time .......

I don't have a lot of patience waiting , & waitinggggg for a carp to bite my line . My limit is about 19 minutes ! Then it's time to check my bait . After a couple of bumps & thumps I reeled in & saw THIS  !

xAupACrNJxQlL8NThKo_86ze4ObitZdIWwTbi7ng

I would have waited a long time , unless a kindly gobie  took the zebra , but they do like corn !  I guess the gobies & zebras are everywhere I fish for carp , thus using the maize which  they don't take easily .  So ,  it pays to be impatient sometimes !  BTW ....that rig is another smerch experimental thing & it has been doing fine .The stopper is just a piece of string & will hold very well .

Can't get out till Wed. .....that will give it more time to clear up the muddy run offs ......got a new batch of maize to try complete with boll weevils !

Holy smoke ,  that is a whale (freshwater) !...  and it looks like he has an Ugly Stick & light reel . It would be great to see a video of him fighting that thing . The sound is bad from the wind like most cameras , so I didn't hear what he used for bait . ( maybe a ham sandwich )?

2 hours ago, Mike Pike said:

Well, technically speaking, you weren't skunked.  That zebra mussel was hooked in the mouth( ? ).

They are ALL mouth Mike  .....If it had fins I might agree  to the technicality that I wasn't skunked . What I would like to know .....can we use zebra mussels for bait ?   :)

Hay nice job on the Zebra smerch lol your doing better then me i have been out a few times and not even a hit i don't get it just nothing is biting never felt the power of a carp or a cat this year 

Gunner .....we must meet up either a Gib or Jordan , depending on the winds . The carp are on the prowl  . They seem to like my breakfast cooking since I have done best between 8 a.m. & noon .  There's other fish to be had using minnows or worms . Might need boots , depending on the spot .  :Gonefishing:

Archived