WELLAND RIVIERA

fredfisher

fished welland river @ wainfleet  Saturday with a couple buddies...great weather caught a tan..caught some nice looking channel cats(although on the smaller size)and a mooneye(??).cats where around 1-1.5 lbs .

we used last years corner store worms...which where beat to sh+@ and pretty dead!

I do have a question..can one nail wallys in the wainfleet part of the welland?

tight lines all!

FF

1 hour ago, bigugli said:

They are in all 3 sections of the river

Does that include between Port Robinson and The Niagara???

1 hour ago, bigugli said:

That is the lowest section, and yes they are there.

Thanks Bud. Now I just gotta figure the best area to fish. No boat but I do have a kayak............................Daniel

just be aware of the immense amount of boat and seadoo traffic on that part of the river.  everytime i fish there with my boat it drives me crazy and there are some real idiots around there with no regard for anyone else on the water.  I would hate to know what it is like on kayak.  

I fish from a kayak as well. I've run into jetskiers in the wainfleet section as well as Port Robinson. Not many places to get away from them. I caught more fish around wainflset personally.

17 hours ago, Ricker said:

just be aware of the immense amount of boat and seadoo traffic on that part of the river.  everytime i fish there with my boat it drives me crazy and there are some real idiots around there with no regard for anyone else on the water.  I would hate to know what it is like on kayak.  

* not a noodling friendly area *

Archived