Cleaning fish riverside

corsara

I've been attempting to research this a bit and can't find anything definitive so I shall dig deeper. Personally I don't see an issue with it and would MUCH rather throw them in the water than leave them on shore. If I do get a definite answer from someone "in the know" I shall post it.

It's not illegal to dump scrap fish parts in the water as long as it's the parts that you don't eat don't listen to this guy just make sure you leave the skin on for identification but i can see you are aware of that good luck and tight lines 

On 3/29/2018 at 3:13 PM, mooseslayer said:

I have a hunt camp up north and toss everything on shore. Nature takes care of it and usually in quick order. Gulls, otters, raccoons, turtles...it goes back to nature in some form. The circle of life. 

In the remote areas of the north I believe leaving fish entrails on the shore of rivers or lakes will provide food for the birds & animals that dwell there . ....different situations...

We have left many moose entrails in the bush .....3 days later not a sign left except a red stain on the ground . Humans waste more food from the dinner table ....

Archived