QUEENSTON DOCK COMING OUT!!!!!!!

glowbug

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Yes the ramp will be open. But the point here is why do I have to forfeit 15% to NPC because of repair and liability and you don't.

2354[/snapback]

I agree that if one has to pay everyone should pay. @ 15% there basically looking for your tip money,thats if sports tip there guides in this province?

Fines, for not paying and launching min.$100 a $20 ticket is laughable in todays market.

Getting tickets you could make a case for a ticket machine like they have in parking lots,BUT how long would that last,before it was broken into or stolen!

1 idea is get a season ticket at there office

2 Some sort of online paypal or Visa system,with a number,if you don't have a printer the number left on your dash.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bigfish1965

The machine's work at Bronte, but like Brian said, I doubt they would last too long at Queenston. I don't begrudge the NPC for trying to break even on the cost of maintaining the ramp. It is a service and those that benefit should pay. Anyone coming to Queenston will quickly learn about the payment options. perhaps the local variety store and bait shops could also sell the passes. And yes, they probably should be seasonal.

Guest bigfish1965
So your suggesting that if I were to come over the border for a vacation in Niagara from NY, that I should have to go online or to some Gov office (during buss hours) to pay a fee before I go pleasure boating? It doesn't sound too inviting to me. Personnally, (and I don't even have a boat), I'd rather not offer the NPC a new cash grap by making an issue out of this. I'd deal with the inconvenience untill they put the docks back in.  You guys have just screwed yourself outa a freeby as well as the tourists and that's probably at every ramp in the river that the NPC manages. I don't mean to be critical, but picture what it would have been like next year when they put the docks back in, if no one had said a thing and then picture it the way it's going to be. Now your going to pay more.

2358[/snapback]

If you come here from the states to fish you need to get a license anyway, so one more item won't stop you. Americans are just as used to paying for launches as we are.

Look at the supply and demand factor...supply..only one launch..demand..very high. Ergo we pay. The charters should not subsidize the regular Joe,though. If it becomes a 'for profit' adventure, you just might see more ramps open up. There isn't now because the Queenston ramp is handy and free.

I think I need to aquire some land along the river, maybe near the mouth ...

turn it into a launch ... but a nice launch not a brutal hill to go down ....

hmmmmm

There really is no legal angle that we can take . Lets not threaten the NPC with legal action, you have to realize that we are on NPC property. The point that I'm trying to get across is that they are throwing this in the lap of the charter boat and saying that since we use there facility we need to help with any repairs by asking us a percentage. By fact there are actually more anglers using that dock on a daily basis then us 6 guides who do this on a part time basis down there. We also can't have them put up any sort of gate or barrior down there or else we would really be in a jam. That's why we need to have some sort of meeting so that everyone can benifit from this.

Is the Niagara Parks that hard up for cash that a few hundred bucks from charter boats would sway their decisions?? They would get far more money by having a ramp pass(seasonal or daily). Unfortunately they have the only Canadian ramp on the river, so we really do need to work with them. I'm surprised they are not planning on charging people to walk down into the gorge or to look at the falls! All those people are on Niagara Parks Land.

Is this a liabilty issue or is Mr. Gillis looking for some easy money? If this is a cash grab then why should it be just guides? Everybody pays or no one pays. If it is a liabilty issue with the guides, why not have a liabilty waiver form drawn up? Anybody who is guiding can get a stack of forms from the NPC and have their clients sign on the dotted line. We will have too see at the meeting which he is thinking cash or liabilty? I wonder which?

I can't see them singling out guides for a liability issue. They don't perform their business on the land. They launch the boat and park their trucks just like everyone else. They may be there more often than the average guy(except for Brian!) but they aren't getting any extra benefit from the property. The example of using parks for soccer etc allows the payer exclusive use of that facility for the time period booked, are the guides going to ask for exclusive use for their fees(that would be nice when there is someone with no dock ettiquette launching!). When is this meeting going to take place and who can attend?? We need to help the parks come up with a solution.

Guest GrimsbyAl

If you guys are looking for a way to have people pay to use the launch, why not put one of those gates they use at public parking lots and have pre paid card you can buy at local sports shops. They can have seperate cards for private boats and charters.

I'm sending them an email also, although from what I've read hear It sounds like the docks will be coming out no matter what. It will still be launchable but a lot harder on us and our boats.

I also would pay for a yearly pass, but they would need some type of system so the visiting angler could also use the launch. Maybe an electronic ticket issueing device like at Bronte, $2.00 for 4hrs. is what they charge there.

Flywire the NPC cloded that ramp years ago and the roadway leading down to the old hollow is blocked by .

Tom Chopin once I get a date with Mr. Gillis I will post it time and location everyone is welcomed to attend I think the more the better. We need to se if we all can come up with a happy compromise.

Well I mean during the summer during the winter I guess I wont fish from the boat and a 76 Grand Prix did the job quite nicely from what my dad tells me :P I also found out that its real name is Longhurst's Hollow which happens to be my last name >_<

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
How fast could they repair the dock and get it back in? The last time I was there it seemed like the bolts attaching the two docks were gone but the dock itself looked o.k.? Has that changed?

Looking forward to the meeting info.

2512[/snapback]

Tom theres been a bit of patch work done to one of the sections,looks like a 2x6 was nailed to the outside of this section. One of the rails that the warf attaches to and slides up on is broken off and missing. Talking to a guy yesterday he seemed to think they wern't putting it back in this winter.

Also looking forward to meeting info.

Archived