What happened to Romeo

cplummer

5 hours ago, Mbocco said:

I can nvr get those to work.  Maybe I should buy yours!

There's a knack to tying them to get them to run right....must have been a good 15 years ago or so when cliff first introduced me to his streamers and colour patterns.....have caught 100s of trophy sized trout....without exaggerating(I've had many pics over the years on here)....and have had many big number days while anglers around got skunked....cliff as well as romeo he referred too in this post are definitely pioneers at it as far as baits that work in the mighty niagara!!!!!....back then we would laugh out in the boats....you know you are doing something right when some of the guides where buying them.. and not only that...a certain few guides and "fishing show guys" would actually follow us around ....rotflmao......funny yet very true.....for those who dont believe...dig way way back into the 2000s in the archives for reports and pic..  lol

That’s awesome!  I believe you. 

I set up my bottom bounce rig with a 3 way.  I like the sinker line to be an inch longer than my hook line, each about 3ft.   I know this isn’t what most people do, but you get snagged way less and I seem to catch more fish this way.  Certainly less time re-rigging.  Sinker weight depends on current.  3/4oz to 1.5oz. 

If I’m floating (which I am still learning):

Bobber stop..bead...float (size depends on current)...bead..egg sinker (if float size requires)..micro swivel..fluoro leader...hook.  Between micro swivel and hook I’ll add the necessary shot depending  on current and what’s on the hook. 

I will certainly listen to your suggestions.  

On 2/20/2020 at 10:26 PM, Jwl1 said:

There's a knack to tying them to get them to run right....must have been a good 15 years ago or so when cliff first introduced me to his streamers and colour patterns.....have caught 100s of trophy sized trout....without exaggerating(I've had many pics over the years on here)....and have had many big number days while anglers around got skunked....cliff as well as romeo he referred too in this post are definitely pioneers at it as far as baits that work in the mighty niagara!!!!!....back then we would laugh out in the boats....you know you are doing something right when some of the guides where buying them.. and not only that...a certain few guides and "fishing show guys" would actually follow us around ....rotflmao......funny yet very true.....for those who dont believe...dig way way back into the 2000s in the archives for reports and pic..  lol

Yes we did well.  Still do :)

Archived