Beauty Monday

Jwl1

Got to actually plan a bit ahead today and get out for a morning session....it was off and on....put it this way....more like on and off....hooked something pretty big early in the morn...no fight to it but it was big!!!....then off....lost it....a little while later...fish on....nope!!!!...off...now after losing 2...finally cliff gets into a decent one ...spunky fresh one scrapped quite a while before she finally dropped in for a photo shoot.....little while later...another one on for me....and just as the day been going...scrapped with it for a while.....and fish off....haha....I was letting them all go anyways...but come on!!!!...now at 3 lost...I stuck it out for a bit more and finally got my reward for a quick pic and release....what a beauty February day to spend by the water....always great hanging out with cliff for the day...and we managed to put a couple in the net....dang still cant believe I only beached 1 for 4....the river's rigged I tell ya 🤔.

20200224_122916.jpg

Your slipping Jack !   :P   But you hooked 4 fish which means they are feeding .  I saw a beauty 8-10 lb.bow come through the ice Saturday ....beautiful fish ! 

It was also a gorgeous day on the ice today .....mild and low winds ....and they were on the bite as well  !   :Gonefishing:

Oh the sacrifices mr bill ....here we are on a fishing forum sharing fishing reports...I know it's tough!!!..lol....steelies through the ice eh?....gotta hope after you hook it...it jumps...bonks it's own head ...then yoink...out the hole she pops😁 ....sounds like a day well spent for you as well... and what do you know... bit of insight on the river ...and some on the hardwater.....yep that's what niagara fishing is all about....today for us..didn't seem rhyme or reason..every fish caught on a different color...cliff got a beauty on roe...so as for sharing a specific patter....there was no secret color today...just persistence...cast until your arms fall off....biggest factor....reading the current..picking and choose when to cast to maximize the drift without too many snags...haha...still haven't got one small enough for your smoker....dont worry I will keep trying 🎣

Archived