Fish finders

DNorton

Hey guys just wondering what finders everyone is using for there yaks even photos of possible setups. I’m thinking it would be ideal but I don’t want to weigh it down to much? How does the batteries hold up etc. any tips help general knowledge would be great. Hitting jordan harbour on Sunday first time in the new yak see how she does can’t wait. Not sure what I’ll get into but I’m hoping for some decent sized kitties. 

cheers guys. 

I’m running hummingbird helix 5 with a lithium ion battery. It’s small weighs 1lb. The battery lasts forever. Don’t have any good pics of my set up. The finder is at the front of my track with the rod holders Closest to me. The butt end of the rods sit under my legs when peddling and don’t get In the way. Wish I could come out Sunday but gotta do two private jobs so can’t really skip out on work. 

Just installed this Lowrance Hook2 Downscan and Marcum lithium on my Wilderness Systems Ride yak, but haven’t got out to try it out yet.

Had been all set toF8D42A2B-7109-4250-A082-50970BF71B19.jpego buy the 5” model, but when I went to place my order on Cabelas I found the 7” on saleF5D8A5A5-667F-446A-9A18-90F99AE3554B.jpeg for only $30 more, so couldn’t resist the bigger screen! Yak came with the black base stating “Lowrance Ready”, and it was. The black base its mounted on lifts right out just by loosening the round ball at front (bottom in first photo), with the transducer mounted underneath, as shown in 2nd photo.

1 hour ago, genec said:

Just installed this Lowrance Hook2 Downscan and Marcum lithium on my Wilderness Systems Ride yak, but haven’t got out to try it out yet.

Had been all set toF8D42A2B-7109-4250-A082-50970BF71B19.jpego buy the 5” model, but when I went to place my order on Cabelas I found the 7” on saleF5D8A5A5-667F-446A-9A18-90F99AE3554B.jpeg for only $30 more, so couldn’t resist the bigger screen! Yak came with the black base stating “Lowrance Ready”, and it was. The black base its mounted on lifts right out just by loosening the round ball at front (bottom in first photo), with the transducer mounted underneath, as shown in 2nd photo.

Looking good genec