First time out in a while

Jwl1

Now that the weather is starting to cool off...I'm starting to get the bug ...decided to head out for a few cast after work this morning...nothing major to write home about...drowned some worms but was only catching sun fish....put a buzz bait on and winded up with this little guy

IMG_20220917_085142950_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

I think I would have done alot better there with some good size minnows.....there was lots of bait stirring far out.....I'm pretty sure I saw what was a huge musky surface....and to boot...that bass had an old big bite scar on it

I'm checking for bait Jack & saw some schools at Port ,but too far out to net them ....maybe a night time job .

I'll soon be setting up my big tank in the garage ,  I have a cooler full of water just in case I come home with a bunch .

I have the air pump and stone and ice packs to keep them alive for a while .  hope you bought some extra floats !   :rolleyes:

Looks like some cool weather ahead...that should help..I'm looking forward to some good adventures...and yep .. topped up on a couple floats too Bill...lol...have some worms in the fridge

Just now, Jwl1 said:

Looks like some cool weather ahead...that should help..I'm looking forward to some good adventures...and yep .. topped up on a couple floats too Bill...lol...have some worms in the fridge

We may see single digit nights tomorrow and CH news said we may get  heavy rain , lightening and high winds as the cold front moves in tomorrow afternoon . 

I have tested some float rigs in the toilet tank to see how much weight to use to keep the float above water ....

It will be nice to wear a jacket soon !