avgefisherman

Hello fellow anglers my name is Nick (aka) avgefisherman. I just joined the NFN forum. I live in Toronto and I river fish mostly. I have fished the whirlpool but it's been a long time since I have fished it. How is the fishing there and are the Salmon in yet and I take it Rainbows will be in soon. Well just say Hello all the best to fellow anglers tight lines and stay safe.

Thanks Jwl1, I'm also a member on Lake Simcoe Message board lots of good people on there as well. I've been a member there for about 10 years. I'll share some picture of Salmon and trout when or if a land them. This I caught a few years back at the credit river at Erindale Park in Mississuaga.

Sept 25,2013#3.jpg

Welcome Nick , always nice to have posts from the other side of the pond . I'm the oldest dude here , pushing 80... been here since 2004  and I'm also an average angler who targets many species of fish .  The king you showed here must have given you a good battle in that current as they do at the pool and other spots at the Niagara River . I have been chasing carp lately as they have lots of spunk too .....even use my 8' salmon rod periodically  . Keep in touch !

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the group 😊. Salmon are running the whirlpool periodically, I’ve seen a couple caught there the last week. 

The whirlpool is in FMZ 20 (if you didn’t know?), so the Pacific Salmon like chinook etc are open all year there, if you’re planning on it being dinner, make sure you have a Sport class license as Atlantic Salmon are catch and release. I only say this as the last time I was there the OPP were around checking licenses and catches.