Lake Erie waterspout

Bubba14

This is fishing related if you were perching out there !  That's a menacing looking water spout !  You can see the rain coming from the clouds on both sides . I heard Ft.Erie got a good blast of rain/hail . We had a good share of rain too , will be on the hunt for crawlers tonight as I cut the grass yesterday . 

I took this frame from the video directly from You Tube at 2:08 and did the snip thing ....that's a big bolt of high amps !

erie.JPG

They are even scarier from the water while in a boat.

Way back in the 80’s my cousin and I were fishing pickerel way out from Pt. Colborne near the international boundary one morning. About 9:30 we were busy catching fish, then happened to look north towards Pt.  There were 2 waterspouts coming down the lake about 1/2 way back to the shore, one following the other.

We just sat out there for a while wondering if we were going to have to head to Erie, PA.  They gradually moved east down the lake, and by 12:30 we were able to head back to Port - were real glad to get off the water that day!!

Two of my fishing buddies were out that far as well and got caught up in a heavy fog in the 80's ....no gps then and the compass wasn't working .

They drove in a straight line & when they reached shore they spoke to a man who told them they are in Hamburg N.Y. 

They waited until the fog lifted enough tp head back to Pt. Colborne.  

Those were fun days !