Non - Fishing Related !!

smerchly

What a screw up today ! 

I decided to go to Port Dal . toss a few lures around for salmon , pike , or anything ! 

There was no parking anywhere and people everywhere . So I took a chance & parked in front of a door way .( which is seldom used now) 

I grabbed my gear .....but where's my net ??  So I will check for minnows first & grab a coffee ....but where's my wallet ?? 

No money , no net , do I.D. or drivers license ....So, I checked for minnows (lots of people from T.O. ? ,  fishing from the walk bridge .

No minnows anywhere , so back to Rennie where there were about 50 people ?? Ah , they have some races going on !!  

Did I pick the wrong day or what ??  Off  I went straight home as I had no license . 

BUT , I found a nice lure with 20 feet of line on the shore near the bridge ...don't know the name of it,  but it looks nice in my tackle box .  B)

I dug me up about 2 dozen red wigglers today from my mulch pile ....maybe a shore perch trip soon ....  

Found Lure.JPG

I tried to find this lure "on line" with the red colour . Upon having a closer look it seems the red marks have been put there using red ink .

It has a rattle inside , must be a Rap of some sort.  Good idea with the red gills .

and .....I was able to pull about 15 worms from their earth holes tonight . Freezing temps tonight ....

Just now, Tyler0420 said:

Smerch you gotta upgrade that flip phone you have and use your phone as a debit card lol. 
the lures you find are always the lucky ones 

I just 'upgrated' my little flip phone Tyler ...put $35 on it at 7-11  & good for another year  .  It comes with my home phone # 

and 911  in case I fall in .....

I found a pink worm years ago .....caught a 10# bow on it !     B)   

Shopping for a few groceries at Wally's last night & checked their 'small' fishing tackle shelf ....

One of the Live Target lures had red paint under the gill but was not the same lure as above ...

But they did have some J-9  Raps for only $25 (tax in )...  I should have grabbed a dozen before they double the price again ....  :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Shopping for a few groceries at Wally's last night & checked their 'small' fishing tackle shelf ....

One of the Live Target lures had red paint under the gill but was not the same lure as above ...

But they did have some J-9  Raps for only $25 (tax in )...  I should have grabbed a dozen before they double the price again ....  :rolleyes:

$25🤮

On 10/29/2022 at 4:09 PM, smerchly said:

What a screw up today ! 

I decided to go to Port Dal . toss a few lures around for salmon , pike , or anything ! 

There was no parking anywhere and people everywhere . So I took a chance & parked in front of a door way .( which is seldom used now) 

I grabbed my gear .....but where's my net ??  So I will check for minnows first & grab a coffee ....but where's my wallet ?? 

No money , no net , do I.D. or drivers license ....So, I checked for minnows (lots of people from T.O. ? ,  fishing from the walk bridge .

No minnows anywhere , so back to Rennie where there were about 50 people ?? Ah , they have some races going on !!  

Did I pick the wrong day or what ??  Off  I went straight home as I had no license . 

BUT , I found a nice lure with 20 feet of line on the shore near the bridge ...don't know the name of it,  but it looks nice in my tackle box .  B)

I dug me up about 2 dozen red wigglers today from my mulch pile ....maybe a shore perch trip soon ....  

Found Lure.JPG

Google lens say it could be a Storm Deep Thunder  image.png

image.png

That's close Dave but not quite the same . There's no name on the tongue so maybe it's a Hong Kong "Rapula" 

I have checked out many sites and can't find the exact lure.