Sunrise photo

floatman

Smerch's photo of the sunset got me to thinking of a sunrise photo I took with my cell.

A little background info;

My buddy and I arrived at dark 30, walked to the river, and stood waiting for enough light to fish.

We were almost there when I turned around and saw what was happening behind me. I now see it every time I start the computer!

image.png

Let’s set the record straight. 
Chris did build the rod. It’s a Sage One 12’6” 6 wt Spey blank conversion. One of many he has built for me and absolutely the nicest steelhead rod I’ve ever fished on Great Lakes streams. 
And secondly, no bridges within 2 miles of that spot, however there is what’s left of an old hydro tower abutment that was washed out a couple of years ago. 
One of the nicest spots to fish in a constantly changing watershed. 

On 2/19/2023 at 4:36 PM, floatman said:

Chris did build the rod. It’s a Sage One 12’6” 6 wt Spey blank conversion. One of many he has built for me and absolutely the nicest steelhead rod I’ve ever fished on Great Lakes streams. 

You finally have that "one" rod that has kept you off my build list for a handful of years now. I suppose that's a good thing for you.  😄

I kept you busy two or three times a year, trying to find the 'ONE'.

A few times I'd have the rod I picked up for sale the next day, as you know!

Now I have the Sage One as the premier rod, and the Sage Igniter as a back-up, and unlikely to ever need another if I don't break it.

2 hours ago, floatman said:

I kept you busy two or three times a year, trying to find the 'ONE'.

A few times I'd have the rod I picked up for sale the next day, as you know!

Now I have the Sage One as the premier rod, and the Sage Igniter as a back-up, and unlikely to ever need another if I don't break it.

Oh you most certainly did Bill and I'm most grateful in your trust to allow me to be the "ONE" to get you there.

I have something tucked away for you next time you're down this way.   ;)