PC Down

smerchly

My old PC went down after booting up , clock went to 9999 and a window came  up that said Apple Push which shut down the internet . I shut the PC off last night and that did something to screw it up . (Windows 7 ) I'm now using a lap top which took 20 minutes to boot up after sitting unused for 4 months and it has Windows 10 . I like watching music on YTube but these little speakers are crap . I hope I can use my good plug in ones from the PC. I don't know if I can unload my camera now , I have a lot of learning to do . If I don't like this new  lap top I'll get a used PC again and donate this thing to my wife. 

And yes , we got hit with another freaking rain today ....just as I got the lawnmower out !   Arrrrgggg !   🤬 

AND ,  low and behold I now have all the emojis back which I haven't had in years !   😃😁🙃🥰  ....a whole whack of them ! 

9 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Smerch do you have a grandkid that can teach you how to use that laptop?

Just a few light sprinkles of rain today in brantford. 

My 7 year old great grandkids could navigate this thing better than I ....

Rain days help to spend more time relearning new things . It may take me some time to figure out how to download my pocket camera photos

Oops ....just had a pop up telling me my email is out of date ?? 

At my age I ain't wasting much time  on this device so my usage will be very limited .  I have over 100 CD's and vinyls for  my listening pleasure .  

The good news is I'll be spending more time at the water front .  :Gonefishing:

....there must be 200 emojis here  ??  ....and someone is telling me I can't spelle !

24 minutes ago, smerchly said:

My 7 year old great grandkids could navigate this thing better than I ....

Rain days help to spend more time relearning new things . It may take me some time to figure out how to download my pocket camera photos

Oops ....just had a pop up telling me my email is out of date ?? 

At my age I ain't wasting much time  on this device so my usage will be very limited .  I have over 100 CD's and vinyls for  my listening pleasure .  

The good news is I'll be spending more time at the water front .  :Gonefishing:

....there must be 200 emojis here  ??  ....and someone is telling me I can't spelle !

Good luck on the waterfront. I have your net so we’ll meet up soon

6 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Good luck on the waterfront. I have your net so we’ll meet up soon

I have a nice spot picked to try out the net Tyler .  There is shade and it's protected from sw winds .

And plenty of elbow room for 6 roads !   :Gonefishing:

Email on the way......

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 11:13 PM, Tyler0420 said:

Smerch do you have a grandkid that can teach you how to use that laptop?

Just a few light sprinkles of rain today in brantford. 

Well , my son in law came over to program my laptop and said why does it run so slow , like dial up ?  He couldn't do much with it so I shelved it .

Back to my old windows 7 PC. which I'm on now .He fixed the clock and it runs fast and I can use my good speakers and unload pictures again.

I will use it until it crashes and then look at getting another PC with windows 10 . The laptop is no where near as nice.

So far so good.......