2023 Canadian carp society social

Tyler0420

This weekend I’ll be fishing the st. Lawrence river for the 2nd annual social. 
we’re staying at a campground and we’ll setting up along the shore line. Should be a great weekend I haven’t been out carping much this year so I’m pumped for this. 

The weekend ended up amazing. Fishing from my kayak was awesome. Being able to go out find clear spots, deeper water and dropping rigs from that kayak was a huge advantage. I was lucky enough to have my name drawn first and got to choose the swim I wanted. Ended up 5/6 with one being cut off. Fished bottom baits with some sort of pop up on top. Fished 3 spots and all rods fired two rods out on an old road and one in close by a beach. 
fishing was ok

weather was great 

and the company was even better. 

IMG_3595.jpeg

IMG_3596.jpeg

Resized_20231001_100020.jpeg

Resized_20230930_191347.jpeg

Good show Tyler , nice to see you had great weather , good friends and plenty of action !

I see very clear water there and a rough bank to fish from . How deep was it where you dropped those baits and how far from shore was that ?

Much cooler weather on the way and I'll finally get some fishing time in . ......and the fish will be hungry (hoping) 

2 hours ago, smerchly said:

Good show Tyler , nice to see you had great weather , good friends and plenty of action !

I see very clear water there and a rough bank to fish from . How deep was it where you dropped those baits and how far from shore was that ?

Much cooler weather on the way and I'll finally get some fishing time in . ......and the fish will be hungry (hoping) 

The old road was around 100m according to navionics and 7ft deep on my finder. Definitely not in my casting range well atleast not accurately and the beach spot was about 60m away in 5fow.  
bringing the fish in was tough. So many weed beds they had to come through. 

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

bringing the fish in was tough. So many weed beds they had to come through. 

That's when we may need to use 50lb.braid to haul them in with 10 lbs . of weeds .

My son Dan was yaking yesterday at L.Erie & saw a boat coming in towards shore where it is extremely shallow and rocky . He paddled out when the guy stopped and warned him about the rocks .They chatted for a while until Dan recognized the voice which was Bob Izumi !

Dan also spotted this carp in the clear shallows which he believes is a big mouth buffalo carp ( makes sense since he was close to Buffalo N.Y. .....  ;)

screen shot of the fish....

Buffalo carp.JPG