Sherkston Shores Now has TROUT

denis

Yes you read it right :D

I'm happy to announce Sherkston Shores is now a Trout Fishing Destination for the family or for the die hard angler. Many thanks To G.M Gordan Walker for his efforts in establishing a population of trout in the Sherkston quarry. He has given me the ok to officially introduce the anglers of the Niagara Region as well as the surronding area to some fabulous fishing in the quarry. 600 trout, a mixture of rainbows browns and speckles have been put in this past week and are biting like crazy. He plans on adding another 1000 fish in the 1-3 pound range as well as some bigger bows in the 10-20 pound class. I had the chance to fish there last night and the fishing is awesome

Rules as issued to me by Sherkston Shores

For the remainder of the 2005 season we are giving the customers of Fishin Niagara the opportunity to fish our quarry for the nominal fee of $3.00, yes $3.00. We promote “catch & release” after a two bag limit. We allow any method of catching fish, however, we do ask that released fish are returned with due care and hooks are removed where possible with forceps or pliers without injury to the returned fish.

Upon entry to the resort, come into the main office for your map and fishing ticket.

We look forward to seeing you at the resort soon so good luck and tight lines.

If you ask me that is a very fair request by Sherkston and I can't mention enough what a great oppurtunity this is to get your kids or anyone for that matter hooked on fishing If you go you'll be glad you did. Feel free to call either myself Denis @ Fishin Niagara 905-871-3888 or Sherkston Shores 905-894-0972 for more info. Until then here's a few fish from last night caught on minnows and small black purple spinners

brown1.jpg

brown2.jpg

brown3.jpg

Well what are you waiting for :) just tell them I sent you :D

Guest Jeetmuck

That's great news Denis. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow with the kids and the PD day. Be there for 9 a.m...:) Kids are gonna love me dragging them out of bed early on a day off...Bwahahahahaha

Guest Dan Andrews

I went today with Deerman. Best $3 we ever spent. Pictures in a few days though. Hey Denis did you have to dodge that osprey. Deerman cast and the osprey dove in within about 50 foot of his spinner. Seems like any bait works. I had a rainbow take a yellow spinner as it hit the surface.

Guest cplummer
I went today with Deerman. Best $3 we ever spent. Pictures in a few days though. Hey Denis did you have to dodge that osprey. Deerman cast and the osprey dove in within about 50 foot of his spinner. Seems like any bait works. I had a rainbow take a yellow spinner as it hit the surface.

31811[/snapback]

wow sounds awesome dan how many did ya get? i'll be there in the morning with my son.

cliff...

Due to the insurance there will be NO ice fishing this year. But at least it will give the trout an oppurtunity to winter over with no added pressure. Can't wait until the next load of fish goes in there should be many good times ahead :blink:

I have wondered for years why they didn't make more use of that quarry . At one time people used to sneek in and get big perch . It's deep, and spring fed , so trout should do very well in there. It would be fun for the kids to use a float there if they're hitting shallow . Are there picnic- washroom facilities there......a little food stand would be nice for hungry kids too.....Any know if a fishing licence is a must on private property like that ?

Guest Dan Andrews

Ken Smith advised me that they are fully permitted so fishing is ok as long as there is open water. It is a large resort so not only can you pee and eat but you can play golf and probably book a massage.

"I want to bring my 5 year old son next week. I am from Brantford and don't know the area. Could you tell me what road the Quarry is on. Thanks"

Hawghunter since no one answered you question, the Quarry is south of highway #3 between Fort Erie and Port Colborne at the south end of Empire RD. right next to Lake Erie.

jjcanoe

Guest Dan Andrews
Thanks,

Great place to bring the nephew.

Just wondering what type forage fish are available in the quarry for these trout to live off??

31734[/snapback]

Sorry about that Hoghunter

medlanch I was talking to the manager and he told me the place is loaded with baitfish. I advised him to monitor the baitfish before stocking to many more. I never saw any myself but my partner said he saw a school on minnows following the wall.

Archived