Trail camming the eclipse!

One of the things I'm looking forward to the eclipse is doing time lapses with my phone and GoPro on the field where I hunt. What I would really like to do though is a time lapse with my trail cam but that option is not there. I think it would be really cool because when it gets to a certain lack of light it goes to IR. I'm almost tempted to go out there and do some raking and trimming just to keep that camera going. I think if everybody else gets disappointed due to clouds and rain or something, the go-to document people will be watching are the time lapses. 

Does anybody have a time lapse option on their camera or am I going to have to hook up blade of phragmites on a metronome in front of my trail cam?

My wife will be driving home during the eclipse so I can do a time lapse with the dash cam also. But with her luck she'll get stuck in the tunnel because traffic is expected to be terrible

Ive never heard of that type of setting on a cell trail cam.
On a cell cam for sure that would chew up major power and bandwidth and probably not something you would want.

The bushnell non-cell cams have something called field scan that you can setup for a period of time and and interval. During that period it will take a pic every interval. Maybe have a look at that.

You might want to check into using a camera or phone ....I read that using them to directly get a picture of the eclipse could ruin the light receptors in them. I think you have to do a photo with the correct filter.

14 minutes ago, coyotehunter said:

You might want to check into using a camera or phone ....I read that using them to directly get a picture of the eclipse could ruin the light receptors in them. I think you have to do a photo with the correct filter.

I'm not looking to film the eclipse itself. I'm looking to film the shadows and effects in the field and surrounding area. There will be a million videos and pictures of the eclipse the next day already. 

I recall as a kid the eclipse of the early 60's. It was a Saturday and we were either driving on vacation going north or maybe coming home, no hullabaloo, emergency measures act or any BS like that, got somewhat dark for a couple of minutes , dad might have turned the headlights on, pretty soon it got light again , expect this one much the same as I am staying home with all the craziness out there  edit : would have been this one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipse_of_July_20,_1963#:~:text=A total solar eclipse occurred,for a viewer on Earth.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it was breezy so I tied some Marker tape to a stick to keep triggering the trailcam but it never took a single photo. My family who wasn't going to be home decided to gather at my house for the show just hours before the event so I set the GoPro up in my stand on time lapse and returned home to be with family. I'll upload that video to rumble soon to share here. It was quite cloudy for the entire eclipse so the time lapse on the landscape turned out to be a better focal point anyway.