Construction

On my travels today I noticed a lot of building construction going on including the new finish line building at Rennie Park . And in my hood the new thing is people selling part of their back yard to allow 4 plex buildings to be built . They must be getting a good buck for the lot . They are doing that at the house I lived in during the 50's & another  about 100 yds. from my present house on Meteor St.. They just put the new 40 km speed limits on this short 100 yd. street 

Further down my street they have built a large house almost directly under a hydro tower line ....seems they can get permits to build anywhere now. Most of us people here back into their driveway now to be able to 'dive' in between the fast moving traffic . Try backing a boat in ....Ha !

....some shots....

finish building.JPG

Screenshot 2024-05-02 114300.jpg

tower house.JPG

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Smerch you street terrible to even cross walking. 

This street gets busier every year as they build new houses and more business at 4th Ave. and plenty of speed demons driving their sporty cars .

9 hours ago, genec said:

And just think of the health issues down the road for whoever buys that house under the power lines!

I've heard living close to high tension wires can affect your health , not much info about it but it may also affect electronic devises ?

There's a house on Rykert St. with a tower right in their front yard .

Screenshot 2024-05-04 210017.jpg