PORT FISHERMANS PIER

ROB MCINTOSH

When I returned from working BPS on sunday I was told of something that happened in port and was very pis#%^ about this isue. When I found out what happened I may have done the same thing. So bewear fish kickers you may find out I can be a nice guy but when I see this happen you better make sure no one sees it because I WILL KICK YOUR BUT into the water as you like to do with the fish that you catch, also when I see guy's scoop up the fish in the net and they flip it 3' from the cement to get it out of the net this sucks, how about having a little respect for the fish , also when you release your fish put it back in the net and put it over the side and into the water(NICE RELEASE) to the ones that drop kick this fish keep an eye on who's around it may not just be me. I do not usually lower myself to your level but this is unexceptical actions by growen ups and I'M NOT HIDDING behind a computer screen,If you are a first timer in port and don't know anything do you think anyone will help you out using these practice's I DON'T THINK SO. 1 more isue I don't like to see is the taking of roe there is no need to take all the roe from 1 fish and sqweezz the sh#@ out of the fish,take a cup full and let the fish go to do what it is in there to do MAKE MORE FISH on that note thats it see you in port Rob Mcintosh (pres G&F)

Amen Rob!

But this is not only a problem at Port D, but anywhere where trout fishing is going on...angler's education...that's what we need. Seriously, I'd like to see an anglers course much like the boater's course because you can get a fishing license.

Guest bigfish1965

I think what would be a great help is if the MNR would start financing the Fish and Wildlife Guardian Program again and get a few dozen more guys trained. Seeing those orange vests tends to make everyone behave a heck of a lot better!

I think this practice is still running but I'm sure if a few phone calls were made they would get it up and running after all we would be helpping them out seeing the gouv. wont up the amount of officers maybe a pitiction should be put together and send it off, the first sentance could read DO SOMETHING OR NOT GET ELECTED NEXT TIME AROUND YOU WORK FOR US THE PUBLIC DON'T YOU. Rob

Guest bigfish1965

The program is still 'running' however it is not funded. It takes a bit of money to train people and the local MNR just does not have the resources or manpower.

The program is still 'running' however it is not funded. It takes a bit of money to train people and the local MNR just does not have the resources or manpower.

2812[/snapback]

bigfish : maybe thats where the letter comes in sent to the minister asking to get this funded forget the gun redgistry they spent enough of our $$$$$ this is a worth while effort and it makes sence Rob

Guest bigfish1965

At this point Rob, there is a list of priorities and the priority must be funding more CO's. Don't get me wrong, I wish there was 30 Guardians in every town, but when faced with the option training/maintaining guardians or paying CO's and maintaining equipment, the latter will win every time. Even if they upped the MNR budgets by 15% it still would not bring in enough since that cash would STILL have to go to regular stuff.

If Toronto funded it seperate and apart from the regular budgets, then perhaps it could be more efficiently utilised.

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

you are right Rob I dont fish Port that much any more because of the ignorance that goes on there!

I used to fish there all the time , Now its like a last resort to me.

I will be in the same shoes as you are now PI##$% !!! : if I had seen that drop kick. :):)

Lets all practice C&R the proper way like most of us already do .

FIN "S" FISHER

Guest bigfishbass

i have seen that a few times too at port...a guy kicking the h*ll out of a fish...because what it frustrated him LOL people need to grow up... i teach my kid to handle every thing with care....even little pan fish he catches up north.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
Maybe we should go down the path that BC did and ban the use of roe. I can catch the same amount on artificials . Heck sometimes the artificials out produce the roe.

2845[/snapback]

Now theres a good idea!!!

Guest bigfish1965
Rob

You say take a little row and let the fish go that is 100% ILLEGAL

JEFF

2853[/snapback]

What part of the reg's do you find that reference, Jeff? I know it is illegal to take roe from an out-of-season fish, but I cannot find any reference to taking roe from a salmon.

Guest Perch man

The book that we all get from CT is just a summary I called the mnr about taking eggs from fish that are all ready dead I was told that it is illegal to take eggs from a fish unless it is to be consumed

Jeff

I was speaking with one guy who tried to fish morally ... would not force the fish to spit the roe ... however he said if you keep em out of water long enough while "trying" to remove the hook they will just start spitting it out ... and hey FREE ROE

always a minor loophole

Rob

You say take a little row and let the fish go that is 100% ILLEGAL

JEFF

2853[/snapback]

Perchman, I just read the regs TWICE and the only thing I could find about spawn was... that it is illegal to sell and transport to another body of water.

The doc is right! Cant sell roe without a proper license (for baitshops).

Also CANNOT slit bellies for "skein" roe and let the flesh go to waste.

You can GENTLY squeeze SOME loose eggs from a ripe fish, but you must be responsible that the fish is not out of the water for too long. If the fish becomes bird food, you gotta keep that fish.

I can see where Perch man is coming from. Depending on what CO you talk to they will both give you seperate answers. Your fishing regs is only a summary of rules that we must abide by . The other rules which we do not see are under the Fish and Oceans. As Perch man sais it is illegal to milk a fish of its roe unless you decide to consume that fish. I also can't understand what the heck are all these people doing with all of this roe. I run a charter business and I don't use half the roe that some of these local yokols do. I SAY BAN THE STUFF!

The unfortunate thing about it,is that its true. I recall a number of years back when a couple of guys were caught walking with nets between their legs catching the salmon ,splitting them open and taking the roe. By the time the MNR came down along with the NRP. nine people were charged along with the bait store.

Archived