Roe question

dr_feelgood

Back in the fall, I was able to get myself some roe. Some were tied, the others left loose. All were packed in fim canisters with waxed paper put on before the lid (like I always do). They were lovingly placed in the freezer of my beer fridge. I go to use some today and see that both canisters I brought had gone moldy. My question is.......how could they go moldy in the freezer? I came home and checked the minnows that I have frozen in the same freezer and they were still rock hard.

i dont know if it will work with a film cannister but when i keep row in a jar in the fridge i lite a birthday candle inside then put the lid on. The candle bunrns the oxygen and vacuum seals the jar. Maybe whatever the eggs were cured with contains something that dosen't freeze. Must have smelt great though.

That's a new one doc....maybe someone took them out for a week or two and put them back in ?? :) Mould shouldn't happen in a freezer unless the fridge was unplugged....the minnows would refreeze but they wouldn't smell too good after you thaw them .

I've frozen, thawed, frozen, thawed the same eggs a few times and never got mold?? Mold usually happens in a damp place but freezers are usually dry. Things get freezer burned but not moldy. Maybe someone took them out of the fridge thinking they were empty, ;left them on the counter and when they started to stink threw them back in the freezer??

Between me and you Tom .....I think we found the answer ;) Doc....your going to have to do an investigation to find out who the "culprit is " :(:);) Did you see the movie with Mathau and Lemon with the fish stinking the car up ? :)

:P:lol: Hey Smerch: I think you should go see the doc,If you have bags then you have been eaten to much port fish,I hope when you look under the covers they don't glow to,but then this may be good atleast you won't loose them :lol: And IBC Catfish bait :lol: my supply in the film canisters has never gone moldy,it's not in there long enough :lol: Catfish P/S hey Doc you are the reason we laugh :lol:;)

Guest Steelheader
Between me and you Tom .....I think we found the answer  :blink: Doc....your going to have to do an investigation to find out who the "culprit is "  :)  :blahblah1:  B)  Did you see the movie with Mathau and Lemon with the fish stinking the car up ?  :lol:

39412[/snapback]

Love that movie Smerch - that was "Grumpy Old Men"

"Look's like Chuck's taking old one-eye to the optomitrist."

"Look's like Chuck's taking the log to the beaver."

Archived