Cooks Bay

dr_feelgood

Guest Jeetmuck

Are you heading to Gilford or Keswick? If Gilford, I park at the Marina parking lot on Gilford Rd, just behind the marina is the entrance and the money box. It is $5 and cheap piece of mind knowing that I will not get a ticket for being on the road like I did last year (even though I was parked on the correct side.) As for bait, you can get it on ice at the end of Gilford Rd from 2 shops, Peter's and another fellow (don't recall his name). I think it's $4 a scoop.

If Keswick, I used to park at Dave's but haven't been to that side this year, so not sure if it is still available with the new owners. Street parking is an absolute bear on that side as well.

I definitely wouldn't park on the ice and have to go through that fiasco like 2 weeks ago.

Good luck and hope you get the perch.

Yes Doc , you really need to watch your parking at Keswick.......maybe the ticket happy people are on commission ......I got ticketed for being too close to a corner .....have to be about 26 .3 ft. away from where the curb starts ... :lol: Seems like they don't really want the tourists or fishermen there . ...If you want an early start it may be better to get your minnows (small) here somewhere and keep them ice cold .....a battery run air pump can be of help . I have used grubs and even half a salty on a jig ....have some on hand and ....catchabunch :lol:

there is parking on gilford road but you have to get there by 6:30 at the latest. Good spot fotr minnows if you don't bring your own is fish ontario on the 400 With the McDonalds.and Gas station all sizes and about $4.50 a scoop but he gives you alot....Good luck

there is parking on gilford road but you have to get there by 6:30 at the latest. Good spot fotr minnows if you don't bring your own is fish ontario on the 400 With the McDonalds.and Gas station all sizes and about $4.50 a scoop but he gives you alot....Good luck

Fish Virginia you can drive right out NO PROBLEMS !!! The fish are bigger and the fishing areas are smaller ..Fish within the huts and you will do Great...That's where I have several hts for 'rent LOL" oh and you can get Monnows from Smokeys Bait and Tackle on the way He's in Jackson's Pt..905-722-7289

From there it's straight across Black River Road the follow the Native Ice Road out and find you Special spot. IT"S A HWY !!! HONEST

HOLY COW!!!! Slyatv here! Nice to see you on this board, but giving spots?!!LOL just kidding. Couldn"t resist. I don't post much here, let alone your home site but read and respect everything you do post . Would love to bump in to you some day up there and PICK YOUR BRAIN!!!! A ride in the tonka toy would be a bonus! Good fishin.

Rick

Archived