Beware of Thiefs in Queenston!!!!

charlieD

Just letting everybody know that there is a thief in Queenston, at the boat ramp. I had my car broken into and almost all my fishing stuff was stolen, plus a digital camcorder..... So don't park in the upper parking lot and walk in fishing, your better off to fish near the boat ramp!!

Makes me sick to know there are A-holes out there that would do this!!!

Guest deerman

those a#$holes are every where. I am a hunter had a tree stand stolen of private property. They stole everything stand, pegs, and the dam rope. Made me sick to think another hunter would go so far as to steal from another hunter. If he need one I have one at home I would have given him. If he had ask I would have let him hunt out the stand he stole.

:huh:

if this just happned recently thier was a dark blue or grey van needing a muffler repair done to it they broke a window on a pickup truck at the boat launch while i was on the rocks fishn...i walked to the parking lot as soon as they saw me they took off ... didnt get a good look at them though...looked like a older gm mini van....

Hey FullofGas....I was the guy talking to you about streamers!! You told me where to get them, I am gonna keep an eye open for that mini van...those arses are in for a big surprise!! The streamers worked alright...i got a Brown today...took 6 hours and 8 streamers but I got em...ran out of streamers thou!! Gill Finnegins is running low on them, just so you know!!

Guest Gill Finigan

Yeah, Fullofgas i could use more streamers.

Way to go Charlie. You caught one down there and didn't break a rod or get ripped off. Maybe your luck is changing :huh:

I went through about 12-15 before i actually caught one lol first cast ever using one and I got a beast on i dont know if it was a salmon or a big steelie since it was jumping all over the place which made it spit the hook then ive snagged a laker and a male brown then i got a nice female in port went through 50 of those sinkers too

Thanks Gill...hopefuly I won't have to come into the store for a new rod....been getting alot of snags thou. I saw 3 fish caught in queenston today and 4 caught in Fort Erie by the same guy. Luckiest guy I have ever saw, everytime I am there he catches a stringer!

Guest bradley_p

i was talking to a guy last night he said last week someones van was broken into at queenston too he seen the people leave in a red mini van if that is any help

brad

I've heard of 2 different break ins. Fullogas say's a older blue minivan and some one else saw the perp leaving in a red one. Were they both around the same time? This story reminds me of one about 5 years back and it was an older blue van then too. A buddy (a wasted alcoholic who can't fight) came back down the path to find what he described as a huge black man breaking into his flatbed. He yelled at the guy and apparently the guy faced him down and threatened him. Buddy just stood there and watched his truck get stolen. (one punch and he really would die- so feable) The guy left and a white fellow followed in the van. Turns out the van had a stolen plate# and the flatbed was found later unharmed in a shady industrial area of Niagara Falls. (there was nothing to steal but a little dope). That was the end of that story. Not sure if buddy is still alive. Didn't look it last time I talked to him.

Guest LloydChristmas

There was a break-in at the WHirpool lot as well, the weekend before last. A nice family was coming up the stairs with us and when they got to the van they discovered their window smashed and the lady's purce was missing. It was a van so they could not put it in the trunk. I'd give up my new rod and reel just to be able to catch the thief in the act. :)

Guest Steelheader

Just to reiterate Tommy's point, if you leave anything of value in your car, HIDE IT. If you leave a purse on the seat, that's just an invitation to get your window smashed. Out of sight, out of mind - don't give a thief an idea by leaving something in plain view.

TRue TRue...but I had everything in the trunk...and it was all hidden under my chest waders.....and now I am down over $2000 dollars worth of stuff! But I am keeping my open whenever I am down in queenston for those vans! Criminals are dumb and they always return to the crime scene for more action!!

Guest bigfishbass

I agree completely... these are crimes of opportunity... they know that people are out fishing and most likely for a few hours. There is probably a lookout too see if someone is comming into the area. Keep an eye out for people just "hanging around" not really doing anything, that is ussualy a sign that they are looking out for the people commiting these acts.

Just a quick story of a break and enter that occured a while back in St. Catharines. Owner of the house stores cases of beer in his garage for the winter...nice cooler. There were about 20 cases stockedup. Kids break in at night through the garage door. Well doesn't the owner surprise them and grabs a hold of one of the kids (about 18years old). Drags him out by the scruff of the neck into the front yard, and behold a nice old oak tree gets in the way of the intruder. Upon arrival of the officers, the kid is, to put it mildly 'full of wood" a black eye broken nose etc. Arriving officer askes what happened, as the owner is still holding the offender. Youth respondes...this guy dragged me out and threw me against the tree. Officer responds. "I hate it when you trip and fall running out of a dark garage with a case of beer". Youth is cuffed and receives a free night all expenses paid at the local holding cells. This youth really got the message that night....after that...he cleaned up his act and made restitution to the owner.

Guest Steelheader

You know, the scary thing is if that kid got serious he could have sued the homeowner and won.

But I think our laws should leave space for community a$$-woopin of this kind of thing. It used to be in the old days if you got caught doing something to someone, he made you pay for it and think twice about doing it again, and you respected that. These days, you never know if the kid is going to come back with a gun and shoot you and your family.

Archived