Beware of Thiefs in Queenston!!!!

charlieD

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
  If you leave a purse on the seat, that's just an invitation to get your window smashed.  .

3812[/snapback]

Purse hmmmmm

Spanky..maybe spend $600 on a car instead and they won't try and steal it in the first place :)

3888[/snapback]

LOL.... i could save $500. and pick up a $100. beater out of the under 100's in the Standard, that way if it does hapen to get messed up i can still buy 5 more :lol:

Guest Steelheader
My dad has a funny story of growing up in a small villiage in Yugoslavia. To make a long story short, its how the villiage folk dealt with a (outsider) guy stealing sheep from the one farmer, slaughtering them, and then selling back to the people in the same villiage. He was caught in the act, run down, tied up to the fence post with the sheeps offal dumped all over him in the hot summer sun on top of the taunting from the children and old ladies till the police came to take him away...2 days later. :)

I'm sure he never stole sheep again! :lol:

3932[/snapback]

See, now THAT'S justice!

Guest cplummer

i'll have to pull out my flytying vice and start making michigan wigglers |(streamers) . i used to make them for ppl that owned tackle shops in st.cath.. maybe instead of tying rods streamers the way to go!!!

cliff....

Guest Steelheader
Steelheader: The story is funnier when you know all the details, but that was back in the days when people stuck together and helped each other out without expecting something in return. If somebody's house or barn was on fire, the whole villiage was there helping to put it out or help in other ways. There is a term for this that I cannot remember.  :blahblah1:

3993[/snapback]

Solidarity?

Ah the good ol days. You still find pockets of that today, although it seems more and more scarce. I'm thankful that I still have such a community.

Hey guys : Has anyone maybe though of setting his guy up :blink: Heres an idea if anyone knows someone at a bank see if you can get a bank bag and leave on your seat with the door unlocked, here's the good part when he opens the bag to get the haul :) wam he gets a face full of purple ink, not to hard to find him now it takes 2 to 3 weeks for this stuff to wash off. Presto one less theif. Rob :blahblah1:

Tommy: ya it was funny but there is a story behind it and it worked,you just have to do a little reserch on timming of when to set it up. I'm sure this would work you just have to have the contacts to get the die and a vehical to set it up,maybe someone has a contact with NRP if so I think they would help if asked, and if it works it won't take long to catch someone walking around with a blue face,even better now with all the leaf fans in morning with no hockey and no blue face's out and about. Any thing to stop this is good and may be worth the effort to look into. Rob :blahblah1:

Guest Steelheader

I think that would be great...BUT

Isn't there a law against something like that? Isn't it called "entrapment"?

Better check with the lawyers before baiting a thief or it may backfire on you :blahblah1:

Guest Steelheader
Then again, with our wacky laws, I don't see it not being possible to have it work against you.

4089[/snapback]

Well that's exactly what I mean.

Ever hear about the thief who hurt himself while breaking into someone's house? He successfully sued them for an unsafe premises.

Don't ask...

I'm just saying, I'd love to set a guy up to get caught. I'd buy front row tickets. I'd just hate to see a good person get screwed in the process.

Archived