welland perch........

jhm123452000

Fished the Welland Canal this morning...........must have caught 100 perch by myself........kept about 30.........nothing to big..........6-7" average a couple bigger.............usually only keep bigger ones but Christmas party coming up needed a few for the parrrrrrrrrty..............i fished the west side of the aquaduct opposite the construction(west side).........1oz of lead , pickerel rig (2 hooks) ,minnow cast to the middle drag across the bottom slowly..........I was only there about 2 hrs....................be there in the morning............JHM........hope two get a few bigger ones......... :Gonefishing:

Guest vidarling

Hey JHM,

Did you get your minnows from The fellow on East Main?

And just to confirm, You were fishing in the Canal and not the river? Have they finished working on the East side yet?

Thanks for the tip,

Ian

Hey Vidarling...........Yes I did get them on main st. that right by my house........I believe he opens at 6:30am he has nice small minnows $2 per scoop very generous scoops(hundreds)never use 1 scoop......Yes the construction still going on.........If your going to give it a try you might want to hook your minnows threw the back they seem to stay on the hook better with casting them so far..............JHM :Gonefishing:

Guest vidarling

Thanks again, Yes, Maybe I will see you there. I am the guy with the home made minnow bucket.

Would love a nice feed of perch! An Early christmas! ;-)

:Gonefishing: WELCOME aboard the Loonie ship doctor ....We need a few more oletimers here with expert advice . May hook up with you in the morning....you buying the coffee? B) Bill

Hey drbob.........I was out again this morning.........caught all kinds again(slower than yesterday but still good and steady fishing)......kept around 20(bit small thought) hopefully the bigger ones will hit tomorrow.......I know I'll be there trying for them...........I used minnows my buddy used tiny red worms and did good also........JHM..........I you go I'm the guy in the Kamik(black and red) snowsuit...........good luck

Yes I did get them on main st. that right by my house........I believe he opens at 6:30am he has nice small minnows $2 per scoop very generous scoops(hundreds)never use 1 scoop

4315[/snapback]

Can anyone tell me where this guy is located that sells these minnows? I'm planning on going tomorrow morning but Pete's isn't open that early, and I have no clue where this place is.

Thanks

Hey pickerel.........720 East Main st..........Phone(905)732-0728........opens about 6:30am I believe............near the Avondale same side of the street but more towards the tunnel...............JHM..........you going to the aquaduct in the morning......................I'll be there............my brother just raped me of my perch need more now...........lol.....................JHM

Archived