queenston

F,O,G

well someone called about everone parking in the lower lot and now tickets are being isued there...dont park in the lower lot... so went to park in the uper lot it full so now where you going to park ...well lets just say it ended my day early :) and all this because 1 fishn charter callen in to complain...well i say thanks ahole you wrecked it for everone and when you have a charter and your customers come back to find thier cars broke into are you going to replace thier stuff ...:D:angry:

are there not no parking signs left right and center there ?

There was probably a complaint more over how they were parked as some days it seems like it would be hard to navigate a trailor back up the hill with all the cars not parked in a nice fashion

Guest Steelheader

I park in the lower lot when there is room, but I have to admit that some days it just gets ridiculous down there. People double parking, and parking on both sides of the road...If you have a truck with a trailer it would get pretty tight, and then if you hit someone it's your fault. So I can understand why someone would complain. Not that I'm happy about it (I'm a lazy bum) but I can understand it.

Don't forget, this is the boat launch that Niagara Parks wants to charge fees to charter boats who launch here. You can bet that if captains are paying fees, they'll insist that they want clear, safe access to the launch. And who can blame them?

:( Well guess I am not fishing in Queenston anymore if there is no parking in the Lower lot...after my car got broken into. I don't leave it out of my site!! I will have to research where else to go now. Probebly Fort erie, at least there I can see my car!!

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

charlieD

If you don't mind the walk you could park up on the Main road near the Boat Launch sign. Chances are they won't be as brave when theres houses around.

Looks like launching at the Old Fort Niagara will be the only option open.

Thanks to oldcatcher for the info he posted.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/cgiwra.../parks.cgi?p+59

Oldcatcher,could you give the price for crossing the bridge at Queenston. I was surprised with the cost at Fort Erie. Going to Dunkirk it cost me $1.30. On the way back it cost the $1.30,then after that tollbooth I came across another that charged me $.50,then before I crossed the bridge they hit me for another $6. All price in US$

I've had my boat nearly 5 years now and I'll park in the lower lot if I can find a space, and in all that time I received one $10 ticket which is a pretty good fee for 5 years.

Even if I got one or two tickets a year I would say that's a fair price to pay for being able to keep an eye on my vehicle, especially when there are launches out there that charge every time you use it.

Guest Sue Watson 1

Does anyone know how much the tickets are that they are handing out for parking down there? It may just be worth the security, know you may be getting a $10 fine as opposed to having your truck broke into.

Things just don't seem to change, I had my wallet stolen out of my car about 18 years ago now, while I was fishing off shore there at Queenston. :(

is it worth the risk? it would probably be the same officers after a while looping down there into their route.

if there are no parking signs ... they can ticket your car all the wya up to having it towed.

from down there way out of the way I would not want to see my car get towed.

charlieD

If you don't mind the walk you could park  up on the Main road near the Boat Launch sign. Chances are they won't be as brave when theres houses around.

Looks like launching at the Old Fort Niagara will be the only option open.

Thanks to oldcatcher for the info he posted.

http://nysparks.state.ny.us/cgi-bin/cgiwra.../parks.cgi?p+59

Oldcatcher,could you give the price for crossing the bridge at Queenston. I was surprised with the cost at Fort Erie. Going to Dunkirk it cost me $1.30. On the way back it cost the $1.30,then after that tollbooth  I came across another that charged me $.50,then before I crossed the bridge they hit me for another $6. All price in US$

4696[/snapback]

Brian....................

I've never brought my boat back and forth across the Queenston Bridge but here is what I know about the $$$ cost in tolls on the US side to get to the Fort Niagara State Park and the boat launch on the park property.

1) Cost of Bridge Toll into the US, Round Trip = like I say don't know about a boat, but a passenger vehicle is $2.50 US funds and you pay only one-way.

2) All roads to the Ft Niagara State Park are TOLL FREE!! cost = zip. Unlike your trip to Dunkirk, NY where you were paying New York State Thurway Tolls.

3) Cost of Boat Launch Fee at Fort Niagara is $6 US funds, most of the time in cold or bad weather no one is in the collection booth so it's a freebie!. You can also get the Empire State Pass for $59 US, which is good for one year with unlimited launches.

The guys that shore fish should consider coming over to fish Artpark from shore, free parking close to shore and lots of it. Short walk down some stairs and you're there.

You will of course need a New York State fishing license, not sure of the non-resident $$$.

It sounds like the $6 returning home was for towing your boat back into Canada (one way only charge) and the extra .50 was a one way charge for I-190.

-Dave

Ok guys, I just did some deleting on this thread as I don't like to see names mentioned as being "possible" suspects to something so please don't do it again. I have a big delete button and I'm not afraid to use it. :(

I know last time I was there, there was a truck parked right where you would pull up to get a straight run at the ramp. I've seen guys park there before but this guy wasn't all the way up out of the way. I had to do some fancy manouvering to get around him. If the parks police are going to be there more often that should help deter break-ins. A $10 fine every other time is like paying a $5 launch fee. Not bad in my books! I'm not sure why they are so picky down there. The spots where the shore anglers park are usually out of the way other than the one truck I mentioned above.

Geez what I miss!!

Thats the price of getting extra old,afternoon naps :(

Thanks oldcatcher for the info,cold and bad weather best time to go fishing,not many around!

getting extra old??????????

4736[/snapback]

Yes Paul getting extra old fast...........

Smart guy,thats the last time I let you in the gate early @ PW :(

Guest Steelheader
Brian....................

The guys that shore fish should consider coming over to fish Artpark from shore, free parking close to shore and lots of it. Short walk down some stairs and you're there.

You will of course need a New York State fishing license, not sure of the non-resident  $$$.

It sounds like the $6 returning home was for towing your boat back into Canada (one way only charge) and  the extra .50 was a one way charge for I-190.

-Dave

4720[/snapback]

Thanks for the tips Dave. Non resident license for NY is $40 US. I'd like to try some spots on the American side, but that's a bit rich for me. I wish they had a conservation license for $20. I'd get one then.

Guest Longshank

Thsi was bound to happen sooner or later......

I've parked whrever i can down there depending on the time I arrived, but always tried to mak sure i was not impeding any other guys trying to launch.

There have been days when launching and pullng out have been a bit tight.....

No big deal...life goes on

Shank

Thanks for the tips Dave. Non resident license for NY is $40 US. I'd like to try some spots on the American side, but that's a bit rich for me. I wish they had a conservation license for $20. I'd get one then.

4747[/snapback]

I agree Steelheader.... some sort of Conversation license would be nice, but we're dealing with the State of New York here, and they tax and fee you to death. In fact, the state legislature is probably burning the midnite oil thinking of ways to either raise existing taxes/fees or coming up with new ones.

-Dave

Yes Sue you did. You've got a rep for catching monster bass in my backyard. I liked the article on bass at straitlineanglers.com

That and you have a twin that lives right across the street from me so everytime I see her I think of the monster bass I should be hooking into. It's nice to have a few women in here who know how to fish. My wife doesn't like fishing but can out fish me when she does go. If there were more like you then maby she'd gain a little more interest in the sport.

charm.jpg

Notice the look on the pikes face. He can't believe he was just duped by a girl. :blush:

If my memory serves me right ,back in the summer the NPC had a parking blitz . They told me that the first offence will be $ 10 just to get the message out. But after that the fines will increase to $ 30 dollars. Thats a liitle to steep for my liking.

Archived