Summer Nip Trip

AwolRJ

Just got back from a trip up to the west arm. Parents could only get in at Memquist Lodge for 3 nights and had to switch to LakeAir for last 2, I went up tuesday morning and came home last night.

Mom and Dad relaxing

179276557.jpg

The weather was too nice for the Pickeral thats for sure, but they got there limit the night before I got there, figures :D . The snot rockets and Smallies kept me busy, just the scenery alone was worth the trip. The one night I don't take the camera out, I get to see my first moose up close, probaly 50 yards away and fished near him for a good 40 minutes before he buggered off into the bush. Very relaxing place to visit.

179276479.jpg

You know the fishing is good when Mom is outfishing all of us :P

179276535.jpg

179276513.jpg

179280323.jpg

I was very Impressed with Memquist, so much as I felt I was getting ripped off when we moved over to lakair and compared the two :P . I don't wanna get into that much, but lets just say for the same price as Lakair you can get treated like a king down the road at Memquist. We got 2 cottages booked already for next august, thats how impressed we were. Lakair would be a nice place to take the guys on a fishing trip, but the customer service and management I felt were not to par.

Heres some more random Pics.

Nice dock and waterfront cottage at Memquist 179280514.jpg

179280366.jpg

179280445.jpg

179280420.jpg

Had a great time and love it up there, can't wait till next August! :lol:

Beauty area AWOL ! The cottages are real nice and the fishing is obviously very good. Your parents sure are having a great time there . Hope you had a nice fish fry ......that just completes the trip ! Like that Legend boat ! :D

Guest boston

great report and pics randy, glad to hear you had a good time, tough break on the fishing though, nice new ride your family picked up as well, thanks for head up on Memquist as well, :D cheers boston,

looks like you guys had a good trip for sure, some great pics of the scenery and stuff..too bad about the missing a pic of the moose..don't ya hate that..the good stuff always happens or ya get the biggest fish when ya have no camera...heard the walleye fishing up that way has been a little slow in recent years..I know a couple people who go up there every year..I like the pic of the boat too..almost like mine..I have a Legend Viper....thanks for the report from the mission :Gonefishing:

Hey Randy: Great report. Reminds me of the cottage. Looks like you had a great time with your family. Seems like you are getting the hang of digital camera. LOL. Have to head back to Nip in the winter with us. Great photos. Good fishing. Scottydog

:Gonefishing:

Look just like i left it, I head to lakeair every year around the 26th of this month, I'll be heading that way next Saturday for about 4 days. That lake is a great place to be no matter what your doing, me I'm all about a boat, water, a fishing poll and a beer. Just like to chill out and relax. It's always nice to catch something for sure. How was the water levels when you were there? Last year they were way down and it was a interesting time dodging rocks and submered islands. I'll be sure to put some pics up from my trip when i get back. Glad to see you enjoyed your trip. Also those are some sweet scenic shots you got there. Any tips on whats bitting on what and such?

Cheers :Gonefishing:

Ya man my first time there, but Im gonna say water levels were down, because I had a fun time figuring out the shoals and stuff. Lots of places not marked in the middle of bays that are prop killers sittin just under the surface and cant see them unless there is a little chop or ur right up on them. I just used the Bowmount drifting and only opened her up in the Channels, never made it to the big lake as the fishing was good right infront of cottage basically. I caught pike and Bass on just about everything, but tube jigs in watermelon colour seemed the ticket for the big Bass. Caught a bunch of pike trolling the weedlines too, but nothing of any size. I hope the walleye pick up for you, my parents did great on them just before dark the one night on green jigs with worms. Hope that helps ya man.

Archived