What a Day!!!

charlieD

I will be the first to post..... Weather sucked but the day was awsome....had a lot of fun and learned alot from Scottie....thanks again for being in the tournament or I would not be able to do it! We had a consistant day all around but could not come up with 2 big big fish to put us in the running! Thanks everybody who attended and made it there.

And for those that didn't go you should the next time cause it is fun and is a great learning experience for all!

Cheers!!!!

Hey All

Was a crappy ride out but an awesome day on the water caught a total of 10 smallies brought 2 for wiegh in around the 2.75 range pretty much caught 2-2.5s all day and thanks to my pro and partner for his 2 4lbrs at least we took second place wouldn't have been able to have a better day on the water without all the boaters that came out and to Doc and Catfishy for putting on the tournament had a good turn out with a total of 19 guys and 1 no show which left a boater by himself for the day and a big congratulations to Catfishy and Fishstick for Taking 1st place as well to Catfish for his big fish of just over 5 lbs.

Dallas :Gonefishing:

And a big Thank You to Henry

Well it looked like it wasn't going to be such a good day at first and even though we couldn't get out on the lake it didn't wind up being that bad. We wound up launching from chippawa and it looked like the rain was going to stay for the duration. I'd like to thank my partner Keith Warner for a great days fishing. I enjoyed it and learned quite a lot from him. :Gonefishing: Also I'd like to give a great deal of thanks to Doc and Catfish for organizing the event and I definately hope this will be an anuall event. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting a lot of you for the first time. I look forward to fishing with you all again :dunno:

You guys are way too fast.

I would like to thank all the boaters who made this event possible. I will post the pictures probably tomorrow when I am able to put names to faces. It was an awesome day even if the weather was not the greatest.

I would like to say that 80 mhp and rain really hurts. Aaron, I would like to thank you for teaching this bass virgin a few things. BTW, the muskie you had was a personal best sighting for me.

I think every non boater learned a few tricks from our resident pros which they will carry with them for a lifetime. A big shout goes out to JWL for having the boys to bring the smallest boat in the field and returning to the ramp unharmed.

I really hope this will become a yearly event. Every year will be bigger and better. I would like to also thank Lorna for stepping up and being the official NFN photographer and with her pics the story will be told.

A last thanx goes out to Catfish for doing all the thinking for this derby, without him, it would have been a shore event.

Way to go guys ! Sorry to hear the wind was up in Erie , but you had a good alternative which looks like it turned out great . Congrats to the Cat for the 5# + bass ! Get on them pics Doc & Lorna ......can't wait to see them ! :Gonefishing:

thanks again guys for throwing the whole thing together...I had a good time.... :dunno: to Doc...for the shout about me having the boys to bring out the smallest boat in the field...that's funny..that's why I remarked the other day..that I would probably be the only guy out there without a "bass boat" :D for all who didn't go out cuz they had smaller boats....you don't need a 20 footer to go have some fun bassin' for the day..and I would have had no problem bring er out to the lake either..well if there wasn't 6 footers reported that moved the day B)..you guys with smaller rigs like me don't have to be shy about coming out for bassin..just cuz ya don't have a bass boat.....noone made fun of my boat today..well that I know of :):D gotta say one thing..some of you guys have some wicked nice boats for sure..and for the comment about the rain hurting at 80....it hurts at 40 too :) was really nice to meet up with a bunch of you guys for a good fun day..great bunch of guys to fish with..and great the way that safety is a big factor everyone tries to stress out there too. I would do that again any time...fishin could have been better for us though...all we got was a largie and a smallie not worth bringing to the scales...I am a little po'd that I lost 2 decent ones today...funny thing is we went out where I had gotten some nice ones every time out this year so far..even 6 days ago...and we treid a spot where my partner had gotten into some just recently in another tourney..and today..they just didn't pay off well atleast we didn't get skunked :P ..thanks again guys, nice to meet up with you all for a hard days work..and for the ones who didn't go..just want to add that these guys are great to spend a day out with...when it boils down to it seems to me like everyone looks out for eachother, and lends a hand no problem too when needed...and thanks to my partner geotech for helping me have a good time out there today too...we must have had an ok time cuz for a kinda crappy weather day...the day went by faster than you would think..and might also add, when we doing it again?..I would try to get out anytime anybody wants to get a few guys together to try to have another fun tourney day out...should be some good pics too..thanks to Reg and Lorna for showing up :Gonefishing:

Congratulations to "CatFishSticky" and all who fished today! I wish I was out there, but had job training this weekend.

Hope there is a new respect by the shore guys and hopefully some new members for next year's club rosters, whomever you may choose.

No worry about respect with stand up guys on this board, all the guys should get respect. Some of the shore guys did very well in this tournament and I am very impressed with the integrity that everybody showed out there today!

JWL....anytime you wanna go out for some bass before the salmon come into the rivers let me know. And your boat is fine....looks awsome, it is the exact boat I was looking at 2 years ago. Maybe next year I will have the 14 footer I wanna buy in the tourny....LOL. I will have to ask to launch at Netherby road as I will only be able to put a 15 horse on it. :Gonefishing:

It was nice and calm this morning when I stepped out the door, Lake Ontario which is out my back door was pretty flat, so it looked like a good day to get out on the lake. Grabbed a cup of coffee and off to Crystal beach, As one of the first guys there you could tell we weren't going out on the lake, the waves were crashing against the shore, and the decision to change locations was made quickly. It was well organized as I got two phone calls within fifteen minutes of the decision, to let me know the launch was changed.

Got to chippawa and the rain started to fall, Meet up with JWL launched the boat and headed out to get ourselves some fish. We fished hard all day, and threw everything at them, we even had some nice fish follow up, but they just would not strike. As for a small boat it seems we fished the same drifts as some of the larger boats. I know for sure that we travelled farther to our spots than some others did. So it's not about how fast you go but how many fish you can put in the boat.

We just didn't put the fish in the boat!!!

Anyway it was a great day on the water, with not a lot of boat traffic so it stayed pretty flat allday, and as the saying goes "A BAD DAY OF FISHING BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK" thanks to everyone for a fun time and I'll see you at the next one.

JWL next time I'll bring 16ft water rocket and we can race instead of wondering where everybody went!

a 16ft water rocket eh geotech? :dunno: maybe we should have brought one of those today...do you got one for next time? :D ah I know...you just wish the rain hurt more this morning..thanks for the fun day today man..and like I said..well technically we didn't get skunked :Gonefishing::)

Wow you guy's are fast: 1st of all I would like to thank everyone that took part in this 1st N.F.N. BASS TOURNEY and to thank Rick for letting us use the site's name for this event.I was a bit upset about not getting out on the lake but better safe than sorry, I was sure it would be a go because the report was east wind @ 5 to 15 and flipping to north east But you know those weather guy's they were not up early enough to look out the window :D So when I got to the lake I knew forsure and after a call from Scott we knew CHIPPAWA here we come,It was good to be able to make a change that fast and still get everyone on the water before 7:00 :Gonefishing: It is real nice when you put something like this on an you get full co-operation from all to pull the switch off.Launching all the boats went without a hitch so now all the non-boaters know how we would get 100 boats in the water so fast for a Pro tourny,you may be fishing against everyone but when it comes to getting on the water everyone works togeather and that where some of the Pro thing comes from just not fishing. Well we got to the blast off and some went down river and the rest went out to the niagara river. Fishy and I took a long run and we stayed there most of the day. We caught 15 to 20 fish in this area and that's were Dan got his big fish, Let me tell ya the look on his face tells why I put this tourny togeather, after me the net female dog put his fish in the livewell I turned around to give him a Hi-five and he didn't even know where he was he looked like a guy that just won the lottery he had to sit down and he said WOW and that was all he said and that made putting this togeather worth it all. Well it didn't take to long and I hooked the 5.5 and all he could say to me was THANKS YOU TOOK MY $$$$ and all I could do was tell him SHUTT-UP AND FISH B) We had a few other boats around and that made it a day yellen back and forth instead of the 100' rule that we are all use to in the Pro tourny's. I don't want to get into to much now till the pics are put togeather I just wanted to give a short veiw of what other anglers missed not fishing this event and hopfully next year we can get more guy's out(that's if I do it next year :) ) Also I would like to thank the Doctor Feelgood for all his help sticking with me to do the legwork to get it togeather and from what I seen we had it togeather,the launch,wheigh-in and everything in general went smooth.A big thanks to Lorna,Reg & Buttons for showing up and taking some great pics for all to see. Also thanks to Dallas for his help with getting it put up on some of the other sites.And last I would like to thank the boaters (pros) and the non-boaters(future pro's) for making mine and Fishstic's wallet a bit thicker for the ride home and a Thanks to my fishing partner for the day MR.FISHSTICK :dunno: and I hope you learned a few things that will help you in the future. Again thank you all for a great day :D And hope to do it next year but with a date change to get more Pro's not fishing their classics out to allow more shore guy's to see what a rush we get each time we fish a TOURNY and hope that your veiws have changed a bit after seeing how we try to take care of our fish to be caught another day and how much effort we put into each one,what you guy's seen is only half of how mind boggelling this sport can be under the pressure of bring fish to a wheigh-in, in the little time that you have it's not that easy as you all have seen first hand. Thank -you all :) Rob McIntosh(Catfish)

Looks like fun.

Sorry I missed it

The news said a 100 footer was nearly swamped on the lake.

Coast guard had to keep watch till it got to Port C

Good thing you guys took the safe route.

Great job done by all!! Congrats to the winners Rob and Dan, Second Henry and Dallas, Third Rob and Cort. All a tight finish. As Bucketmouth said, all we needed was that kicker fish to be in the money. But thanks anyway John Was good to fish with you again, even if we didn't get to the buckets. I don't think those fish would've been on anyway. Thanks to Lorna for the pics of all those ugly mugs!!!! At least there's something that I think I did win!!!LOL

Rick

Congrats to the winners and thanks to my Partner Hellfish for the fun day on the water. Slow day for us with only 4 keepers and quite a few short fish. We went after the buckets early and they did not want to cooperate. We managed one nice one around 3 pounds on a senko and one 14 incher on a chatterbait. Rounded out the limit with Smallies. Hellfish had Big fish honors for the boat with a 3 pound smallie. That was a fun tournament and a chance to get to fish with some old friends and some new ones! Thanks Guys!

Thnx to all who made this possible, was a great day minus the rain(or bullets hitting your face), was the best day of fishing in a long time i had. We DEF have to do this again went flawless no hassles no bitchin. Thnx to Tom Choppin for the awesome day on the water he is a great teacher but a even better guy taught me alot especially for buckets and skipping the senkos into hard to get spots. With the smallies I kinda cursed us though i asked tom if he has ever pulled a sheep head with a tube hes like yeah, ive never seen it dont fish much bass but 1 min later bang thought he had a good one on and itz a sheep head kinda ironic i guess, and the BOATS holy SH** never seen so many nice boats b4 25-30,000+ dollar bass boats blew my mind, kinda was just overtaken by the whole thing, def am going to do it again, thanx again to everyone and especially Tom, catfish, and the Dr.

Great job done by all!! Congrats to the winners Rob and Dan, Second Henry and Dallas, Third Rob and Cort. All a tight finish. As Bucketmouth said, all we needed was that kicker fish to be in the money. But thanks anyway John Was good to fish with you again, even if we didn't get to the buckets. I don't think those fish would've been on anyway. Thanks to Lorna for the pics of all those ugly mugs!!!! At least there's something that I think I did win!!!LOL

Rick

I'll email you some of the "mug" shots! :lol:

Charlie, it was a pleasure having you aboard and I know we both had a great day. We probably caught 30-40 fish (including the 6 inchers) and had to balance beam a few. That is a great day on the Upper anytime of the year. Only regret is wishing it remained a five fish T 'cause it hurt to throw back that 2.75 pounder :lol: Congrats to everyone for attending considering the weather was not the best. It was fortunate the sun shone in the afternoon and gave us a chance to dry off.

Charlie, it was a pleasure having you aboard and I know we both had a great day. We probably caught 30-40 fish (including the 6 inchers) and had to balance beam a few. That is a great day on the Upper anytime of the year. Only regret is wishing it remained a five fish T 'cause it hurt to throw back that 2.75 pounder :lol: Congrats to everyone for attending considering the weather was not the best. It was fortunate the sun shone in the afternoon and gave us a chance to dry off.

Thanks and it was a great honour fishing with such an established fisherman, definately a world class guy.....made me think whether I should join a bassmaster club or not. We caught so many fish it made it super fun for me and hopefully you too...LOL. Anytime you are doing a prefish for a tourny and net a net guy....holler at me...... :lol: Wish we would have gota couple nice big ones like some of the top fish...but oh well maybe next year! Thanks for showing me that new bait you were using, maybe I will pick some up in the states the next time I am there, as a second bait thou....had tremendous success with my tube jigs....love those things....LOL.

Thanks again Scottie....

Guest fishstick

Sorry for the delay. I typed out this huge thank you post last night, but if my PC sits idle for more than a few hours, it will tell me that every page I punch in, has expired. No matter which site I click on. :lol:

I'll keep it short (maybe) and sweet....but to the point!!!

:lol::lol::lol: <---- to all the boaters who provided us shore-whining jealous type wannabe fisher-kinda-guys, with a fantastic day out on the water.

I thought it would be a classroom type outing, but it was quite the opposite. I kept quiet and just watched. I did everything Rob did. I thought, no problem....

Back to square one.

These guys know their stuff!!!

I won't even go into how much I appreciate what Rob showed me yesterday, or how much I personally appreciate all the boaters who provided their time, knowledge and crafts, but also to the non boaters who wanted to come out not only to maybe learn something new, but just to have a great time.

Personally....the best fishing experience of my life.

For those of you that either backed out, or didn't show....you missed one hell of an outing.

Next year, if you're in, money up front 30 days in advance. No refunds!

Yesterday reminded me of the swills....one too many "I'll be there" winding up being a no-show. I understand that things come up, but if you have no intentions on showing, save adding to your post total for another subject. If something came up, I'd still pay my $30 because I told everyone that I was in.

If you commit, then commit.

Thanx again guys, my hat is off to all who participated and I had a hell of a time!!!!

These Bass guys deserve alot more respect!

Btw....next year comes fast, so if you BASS guys are looking for a partner, send in your resume`s, I'll make my decision in the early spring.... :lol:

Thank you once again guys....you are the best!!!

Hey Charlie D, There are a bunch of bass clubs that are in the Niagara area and they are all a bunch of good guys. Most of the tourneys are just like the one we had, A bunch of guys getting together for a fun day of fishing, with a little insentive ($$$) to do well. I joined one last year and have had a great time learning and meeting new people, with the same interest. Most of the time we even go out on the water as a group when we are not in a tourny. It really makes fishing a little more fun.

Thanks for the kind words Charlie and I remember netting more than a few for you. We just didn't get the Kicker that Robbie got and that usually puts you over the top in any tournament. You've got a great feel for the bite and you would learn a lot from joining a club. Like Geotech said, the Tournaments are exactly what we did Sunday and some are Team and some are individual T's. When you look at the alternative of buying a boat with gas/insurance etc. it's a very cheap way for a non-boater to experience what a world class fishery our area has to offer and will get you to spots you would never see with a small boat. I told you I started with a 14 ft boat and look where it got me 25 years later. BTW It's never too late to join a club. We still have 5 or so Tournaments left this year.

Guest Jeetmuck

Congrats to the winners and all who attended. It sounds like it was a lot of fun even though the weather wasn't cooperative. I am beginning to think I am missing something by not being a bass guy...:lol: Thanks for the pics and the reports.

Archived