Saturday morning in Dalhousie

Mike Pike

Spent the morning fishing the West side of Dalhousie harbour. It was nice to get away from the elbow to elbow action on the East wall now that the fish have moved down to fill in the rest of the harbour

Water was pretty murky, so drifted with medium size hot pink roe bag filled with fairly fresh brown trout roe.

Went 1 for 2 with my only fish landed being a little 2 lb Bow.

The guy next to me brought a nice Brown to the surface only to eventually lose it. Shortly afterwards, another fellow just down from me bested a nice 5 lb Brown.

Heavy boat traffic this morning with 6 to 8 boaters drifting past us shore guys most of the morning.

Didn't see any other fish caught so I was wondering if any boaters could post how they did or an East waller.

Cheers!

I fished the west wall from noonish till 2 pm and didn't see , hear, or smell a fish ! :D The south wind was strong and made it hard to feel the roe bag drift and the water was brown. Saw two Lunds trying their luck , don't know how they made out and only three guys on the east wall . I see we have a -29C wind chill today....think I'll pass....... B)

Guest Steelheader

Its tough learning to distinguish between what's bottom and what's a fish. When your hook catches onto something, of course you're going to reef on it. I'm not sure how you DON'T snag fish, unless you only strike when you KNOW it's a fish, which is not very often, especially when they're hitting light.

Archived