Snaggers

fishin_hamilton

Anyone got any good stories from the late summer/fall fishing. I saw a great one bronte creek and the two were the best i have ever seen. One guy had a 7ft saltwater rod with a huge reel on it that might hold 1000yds of line, but the other guy had 3/O or 4/O treble hook with red yard and 1/4 oz weight and was ripping it through the pool with 3 salmon in it. It was too funny and the wife asked what he was doing and i told her he was trying to floss the fish and dredge the bottom of the pool. i counted 8 fish with bellies cut and thrown on shore or left and around the bend on the way to another pool i kicked my feet and saw eyes, fins and a few tails floating in the water. well this experience kinda turned me off fishing this fall for a bit and maybe might go back to fishing bass and maybe try for some late season pike around my area.

That would have made a good movie to show on How not to Catch a Salmon ! A good camera with a nice long zoom to catch the excitement on their faces would make them celebs for sure........If you knew their vehicle , you could decorate the hood with a few rotting carcasses and if the window was down a few inches.....enhance the interior aroma ................. :Gonefishing:

That chit is just sad even if they are on their death bed, its sad to see these guys, and I am not going to call them anglers because everyone hear should know they are not, snaggin these fish just to get the row out of them even though they probly do not know what to do with it......makes me sick!

All it takes is 1 egg (chicken) cracked and poured into the fresh air intake below the wipers on most cars. Every time they turn on the heat this winter they'll get that lovely scrambled egg smell!!! Just make sure you get the right car and don't get caught.

jjcanoe

Guest Jeetmuck

I was on Bronte last year out of the Petro Park pools fishing with my buddy who is a Peel Regional officer (off duty and out of jurisdiction) but we watched this young guy about 16 yrs old trying to snag ol boots. When he finally had one and was trying to bring it in, and a small crowd of his buddies around, my bud jumps down the bank and started flippin on him after telling them he was an officer, cut his line and all the little punks left. I don't like fishing that part of the creek anymore after seeing all the slit fish and crowds.

Guest Jeetmuck

It sure does get horrible there, thankfully they don't last too long with all the wildlife around but still gets pretty ripe. I haven't stepped foot there since last year.

Guest SkinnyMonKey

I used to fish below the QEW south towards the lake about 16 years ago and it was elbow to elbow back then, i'd hate to see it now. I haven't fished it since for those same reasons already posted.

Cheers

Jamie

Guest Rockfish

That would have made a good movie to show on How not to Catch a Salmon ! A good camera with a nice long zoom to catch the excitement on their faces would make them celebs for sure........If you knew their vehicle , you could decorate the hood with a few rotting carcasses and if the window was down a few inches.....enhance the interior aroma ................. :worthy:

Smerch, you've been watching "Grumpy Old Men" with the original odd couple guys, that fish in the back seat was a classic. :worthy:

I don't fish for Salmon in the creeks for the same smelly and dead fish all over reasons, much better fight in open water off the piers.

:lol:

"Snaggers" can appear in many forms--worst kind is someone who passes themselves off as an "ethical" fisherman then reverts to their true colors as soon as fish are visible in any kind of pool. Met one at Meaford yesterday---his buddy wasnt so discrete--just waded in and started casting with a big weight and some sort of "bait". Stuck around for a few minutes then left in disgust. Came back to the area a little later-- but upstream a bit. Could see them from where we were---were right into it by that time. :lol::worthy:

we have seen so-called fishermen pulling this crap just about everywhere we have

been fishing this year :worthy: . fishing trout and sammies is a lot of fun , and for the

ones that would impail a fish that way . they should lose their fishing rights forever!

we had one guy tell us that sammies stop hitting when they enter the rivers and creeks

and then pauline stood in the same pool and on her third drift got one on, hooked in the

jaw of all places . a nice clean silver one at that :) he said you must have just happened

to drift it right into its mouth :lol::worthy: . i think < believe > some people just wont take

the time to learn how to fish. we also fish bronte creek and have not seen these practices

happening there , most times we dont see another soul all day , must be because we take the

time to walk in . most people like the easy access places , were most of this crap happens

joe and pauline

who says they don't hit at baits when they run upstream to spawn...they chase baits, I have seen tonnes of them chase my lures almost right up to shore..even when fishing in certain areas with suspending body baits,watched as a few of them will turn to chase the lure for a bit..it's prettyy cool in clear water conditions to watch them turn after your bait...smack it then head straight for the top and make a big jump...you can't go salmon fishing any where there is lots of them without accidentally snagging the odd one here and there..but to do it on purpose just to say you hooked one..well that's just rediculous for sure...I have caught them..hooked in the mouth all legal eagle like lots of times that have been in the river so long that they are spawned out and half starting to decay..so ya can't tell me that when they start to migrate they don't hit any more for sure..maybe it makes some people falsely feel like " he men super anglers" to snag a 20lber take a pic and brag to thier buddies about what skill they must have for catching such a big one....note to them rejects :lol: ..a 20lber is just a little guy...maybe a 20lber Coho is a beauty catch for the day, but ask some of the guys who actually take the time and learn how to fish for them like Joe said how rewarding it is to get one in the 40lber range, or fight your first ever 10lbs plus steelie..or a 25lber or so bull doggin laker..heck even when salmon/trout fishing I am sure there are lots of us that surprise people when they have one on that before even seeing the fish can tell you what they have on....those are the kind of guys who put in the time and miles on their feet to develope great fish catching patterns...and the CO's aren't stupid like the snaggers might think....they know the difference between fishing with "bait"..and sticking a row bag, piece of yarn, or marshmallow on a giant treble hook :worthy:

Way back when in high school, it was nothing to go down to the whirlpool after school and catch 3 or 4 on a canadian wiggler or a cleo cast WWWWAAAAYYYYY out and retrieved. Way too much water there to even see the fish let alone "floss" them. They will definetly hit what they want to when they are on a spawning run.

jjcanoe

Guest cplummer

why do they even bother to purchase rods and reels when a net is cheaper??? fisherman my a$$ ......they are poachres either way and need a hefty fine. period....

cliff...

Archived