Simcoe for Dad

AwolRJ

Hey guys Im taking my Dad for B-Day perchin tommorow morning. Think were gonna try the pefferlaw river or Keswick first. Was just wondering if any of you know the launches up there and a good place for minnows on the way or up there? Launching the boat with a lowered Chevy Sliverado so need a halfway descent ramp, hopefully cement. Any clues as to where the perch are biting would be apreciated too :) , can keep it private and pm me if ya don't want everyone knowing. I know it's last minute sorry guys, but was just gonna fish local till I found out how nice the weather supposed to be tommorow!

Thanks Guys

Randy

Hey ranry, Go out of the pefferlaw river and head out about 2 or so miles there will be a floatilla of boats out there. just anchor and have fun. Just be patient and don't keep the dinks ,there are plenty of big ones .

I just got in the door from filleting 25 all over 10inches!. I always keep a conservation limit but they are quality fish. i used the old hook and splitshot, jigs with white tails and a number of small spoons all tipped with minnows. minnows were from Smokeys met him through Scotty and he treats us good. Have fun with your dad. Usually some of the best times.

Thanks for all the help guys! Got minnows at Smokeys. Fished 7am to 3 pm a few miles out north from Pefferlaw river. Man can you say what a day, I know perch aint the best fighting fish or most exciting, but today I did not have time to light a cigarette or even have a bite to eat. My Dad had a blast, he was smiling ear to ear all day and we both couldn't stop talking about how perfect of a day it was the whole way home. Ya we tossed back alot under 7-8 inches, but I have never caught so many nice ones in one day ever in my life! I will post pics tommorow guys, I ended up running over the end of my usb cord that hooks into the camera with my computer chair so I gotta get a new one. Sorry for the long post, just still comming down from a great day on the water, I could go on and on :(

Guest fishstick

You seem excited just by the way you posted.

The pics can wait. It's the day that you enjoyed with your dad that matters most.

Cherish it.... :(

Great to see you and your dad had a memorable day on Simcoe ! There must be millions of perch there , all year , ice fishing spring fishing , and they just keep on producing year after year . I hope you get many more years of good fishing with your dad .

doesn't get much better than that for good familly type fishin day for sure..with action all day long..sound like you guys had a great trip man :(

Guest boston

Hey good to hear you got into them Randy, I think I actually passed you and your dad on the highway, just after jordan around 5:15 or so, black chevy, number 3 on the side window, towing the legend?????

look forward to the pics man,

boston.

Archived