Dalhousie ???

smerchly

Went to the west wall at 11 am ....talked to Jerry as he was trying to catch minnows behind the Dalhousie Princess . No minnows near the wall but lots out about 30 feet . Three or four boats were drifting and about 10 guys fishing on each side . Water is clearing up some but I saw no fish caught on the west side. Not even a touch after 2 hours of roe baggin ! On the way out I threw my 3X3 minnow in to see if they came in closer, not a thing ! :) ...Then I let the net sit on bottom for a minute and when I slowly lifted the net I thought I had a bunch of line or a branch but the net was so full of minnows , it collapsed at the top of the water . Must have been a thousand minnows in the net along with two shad about five inches long . We know there are also smelt in there too.......Anyone wondering why the trout are turning their nose up at your little roe bags???

Guest Big Bass Rich

Yeah this is definitely the time of year to use minnows for trout! Your roe might be effective early in the morning but drift a big minnow off bottom and you should connect with a fish! I learned that from - he knows his trout (and many other species too).

Archived