MAYDAY!!!! ROOFER NEEDED

Sirfishalot

Hi everybody. Just found out this week with all the rain , that my girlfriend in Niagara Falls needs a new roof put on .A.SA.P. There is water coming down the inside window!

If any of you are part time roofers or know any that do it on the side that know what they are doing it would be greatly appreciated. Its a straight forward hip that should only be about a 40 bundle or so bang. It has 2 layers already so it will need a strip. Most likely a cash deal!!!

We will look into any leads you can give her. She is on a fixed salary with 2 kids and a pretty well deadbeat American ex husband so a yellow pages roofer is out of the question. Thanx for taking the time to read and possibly point her in the right direction......Thom

it easy to do sir but if she has a leak it probally best to take it all off..this will show how bad the flashing is and if thier is any rot.. it could be done in a day if thier is 4 guys doing it.. the only day this week for good weather is wed next week should have a few days ..to get the right amount of shingles you need to measure each section [flat area] then get your sqr ft area..just go into home depot and ask

Hope this rain holds off for a while Thom , hope you can get a decent roofer to do the job. Can you tarp over the bad part until they can get a day to do it ?

My uncle does roofing on the side, not sure when he's available tho as he drives for modern weekdays, so likely not until the weekend... i can probably find out, but it sounds like you need it done a bit quicker then that...

if you can get a couple guys together who don't mind climbing on a roof for a bit, and can swing a hammer it's really not as hard as it would seem, I have done roof repairs on a house I owned a few years back..all it took was a couple buddies who where willing to help...a good hunk of the day...a few steaks for dinner and some beers for a job well done...as with my repair..you may want to strip down the old stuff..as I discovered I had some damage to the sheeting and roof joists as well so we had to cut out the bad part and replace it...that wasn't all that hard either..just need a tapemeasure and a bit of know how..if you are wooried about the mess....you can rent a dumpster for a day or so...any roofer is gonna tack on some hidden or not charges to your tab anyway for disposal ....they can tell ya at the place you buy the shingles how much is recommeneded for the job...if the space cadet at the check out doesn't know :rolleyes: ..someone in the store will...best to make sure you are gonna have a couple dry days for sure...and if it is cold, and the job requires it..get the proper roofing tar for the weather conditions at the time of the repair..."liquid gold" is a good brand..or "wet stick"...most roofers will recommend not using tar paper either..as they have found over the years that this helps retain moisture...then all ya have to do is run a "starter strip " at the roofs edge..just run one row of shingles..but put them upside down...( not flipped over to the other side)..then on top of that..run a row right side up..ontop of the "starter strip" in a pattern staggering the joints...thenh keep alternating the pattern till ya get to the top...most shingles are marked right on them a line to tell you where to but up the next row of shingles to..lots already have some roofing adhesive already on the back of them too...just have to peel off the plastic..place the shingle and nail it down....don't worry about lots of overhanging stuff on the sides of the roof....that can all be trimmed off with a good hooked blade after anyways....then if it happens the repair is say at the from of the house...when you get to the tip of the roof that butts up to the repaierd part...tear off the old cap part and make a new one...for that you just take a bunch of shingles and cut then in half...then starting at the edge of the roof...bend them and nail over the peek..and keep going till you are done....really it's not that hard...well hope that helps it will cost a fraction of what a contrator would charge you...I did a section of my house before that I was quoted about $1500 bucks to repair....I did it myself for around $400 and that included the beer

Guest fishmaster

SC Roofing (905)774-3869 this is one of my family he does great work try given him a call ....thats if he is back from Moose hunting ...if not leave a mesage ...

Archived