Lest we forget today

splitshot11

my familly will for sure..I have a step-brother who is serving in Afghanistan..he is right in the thick of it, and their platoon has seen lots of action and also the last couple Canadian deaths, he enlisted as a peace keeper..and they found out just a couple days before they got deployed that they where being sent in to fight, the last Canadian soldier who got killed was his room mate back where he is living in Petawawa..He just had 2 weeks leave..spent it on a little vacation time with my sister and a few other familly memebers in Mexico...he goes back this week on Wednesday...his company's deployment consists of Khanadahar Airfield, and a place they refer to as Ambush Alley..so thanks for the moment to think about these guys over there..especially since that's not even why they where told they where going to serve over there..until just days before leaving the base..he has 3 more months over there when he goes back.

Guest fishstick

My dad served the WW2. He gave me his official document signed by a general that stated he had served with the Polish army. I want to get it framed. To me anyways, this is a piece of history, and very proud of it.

I buy poppies every year, and when I do....I always shake the vets hand and tell him "thank you". You'd be surprised how many smiles you get in return.

And thanks to people like Jacks step-brother and all the others serving over there. As far as I'm concerned, all these men and women deserve alot more in return than the government gives them for their services.

Thank you to all who fought, are still fighting and for all of those who never made it home, for what we sometimes take for granted nowadays....freedom.

I pulled into my driveway at 11 am......went to turn the ignition off when a single bugle started playing Taps (98.1FM). I sat there until there was silence for a minute ....and the bugle finished up with a slowly decending finish . I thought that was an excellant tribute to our people who fought for this country . Because of them we now are living in the best of times that I have seen in my 63 years. The average family is enjoying the highest standard of living that we have ever had...........thanks to the men & women who made this possible .

Archived