Looking for.....

charlieD

I am looking for old useless neoprene waders to help repair the ones I have.....the seams have come loose on mine and want to repair them, can't afford a new pair as I just got laid off from work. So if anyone is willing to donate a crappy pair to me I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you

charlie ... have you ever tried aquaseal . i have used this prod.

successfully many times on my neapremes for the last 18 years

same waders ... think i got my monies worth out of them ? ;)

if you cant find it at taclke shops , try a dive shop

joe and pauline

When I hunted moose , we used Goop on our boots if we had a leak or a rip from a sharp branck or rock . The area to glue must be dry & cleaned with alcohol (vodka works too) ;) . Push the glue well into the seam & give it day to dry .....It really stinks bad so have good ventilation ! Good stuff to take on fishing trips .....will fix a leak in a boat too . There is marine goop as well ....pricy , but prob. works even better .

Forgot to mention ......I read somewhere about putting a light inside the waders in a dark room to find a leak ...never tried it ,but it sounds like it might work . ......better idea than filling them with water and waiting for months for them to dry out :)

hey charlie ... and bye the way thats my middle name ;)

stuff works great , you wont be disapointed .

this is the stuff they use on wetsuits and such

fill your wadders with water carefully and use

a chaulk to mark leaks . turn wadders inside out

to dry . then follows instructions on tube

you can either put it inside or outside , works great either way :)

joe and pauline

Hello Charlie,

Try Shoe Goo or Goop cost aroun $6.50 at Canadian tire, I have used them on everything from repairing tennis shoes sole to inflatable boat and they are so strong that the air pressure on the inflatable boat does not stand a chance, even if it is submerge for many times under water. You can use a small patch of vinly material and the glue if the hole is too big.

I did use the glue on my waders as well and they worked fine, The glue is my best all around glue stronger than silicon, flexible enough like hard rubber. I also used them to stick an elastic band on my canvas boat cover, and the boat cover was rained on soaking wet many times, and yet the elastic band still adheres to the canvas fabric, even after pulling it.

Just by chance saw someone selling this new waders, but not sure if it is still available : Chest Waders, for fishing, new, $45, firm 705-534-3702 Port McNicoll.

Bass pro shop will be selling them off season for around $60-$70.

Archived