crappie pics!

ddjp

Headed out this morning around 8.....dip netted my own bait ....fished the old Welland River.....slip bobber set-up....Kept 12 keepers .....they are going to taste great for supper ! ....ddjp..fishpics024.jpgfishpics021.jpgfishpics018.jpg

well i havent replied to anything in a while...probably because i havent been fishing to much myself. But anyways im just wondering how your luck is normally in that spot. Ive tried it a few times with barely any luck at all..Is there any secrets to the spot because it looks like it should bea great fishin spot

I have not fished much the past 4 or 5 weeks......been working quite a bit and every day off I had in the past month the weather was the craps....So to-day was the day and it paid off. Usually ,I have great luck in the spring or fall at this spot.....do not give up....the crappie bite turned off like a light switch around 10 or so....caught a pike and a few good size sunfish as well.....set your bobber stop at 3' and cast near weed beds ......twitch your bait and move it ever so slow then let it lay still for a bit.....this should get you some fish......ddjp.

DDJP, those are some nice fall slabs you got there. That spot along with a few more along the river are awesome producers in the spring and fall. We should get together as I live a five minute walk from the river and see if we can fill a "white bucket" . Crappie are one of my favs to catch. A couple of years ago I caught one 2.2 lbs at a spot not far from that one so we know the big ones are there....Thom

lol that is very true about dropping the fish.. and it hasent been that much of a hastle for me walking them back down to the water as i have never caught anything there lol.. for others just walk down the path to get under the bridge to let them go...Im sure the fishies will love you for it

Hey Labber.....lots of fish for everyone......but you have to know how to fish for them!....The cold temps are coming by friday and 90% of the fishermen have already put the gear away......ddjp.

Thanks, Smerchly and Jeetmuck......I have seen some of your posts as well, and you guys are no slouch.....keep up the great fishin!.........ddjp.

Guest Rockfish

Well, I can't wait to see how many people are in there this weekend :dunno:

Met your son there back in the summer Labber, just to let people know that is real close to Wellandport. :lol:

Archived