The sea was angry that day, my friends.

Mike Pike

Well, I knew I was in trouble the minute I arrived and saw no one there. Water was the colour of chocolate and the wind was whipping in from the lake and funnelling down the harbour making drifting impossible.

Fished the Legion side for a bit, but the current was reversed so I went over to Rookers to see if there was a drift on that side. Nope. Just a crazy cross-current and even more wind making bottom bouncing even harder on this side.

Oh well, at least I got a chance to test out my new Mustang Survival suit. Pretty impressive. I had a Bouy O Bouy, but decided to upgrade to the Mustang for this winter. Really nice supple suit with great insulating qualities. You can really move around nice with it on. And it has way better covering over the neck and head which I really appreciated with today's wind.

Anyhoo, packed it in after an hour. I guess today's gonna be a laundry day.

Guest canadadude

Oh yuk just when then water was cleaning up it turns to dirt again :unsure: I rolled over and went back to sleep when I looked outside this morning :dunno: Hopefully it will clear up quick and those cold nasty North winds will die out alittle :blink: Thankyou for the post saving me a trip down to check it out on the bright side when it does clear the fishies should be hungry :huh:

Ole Ma Nature is kickin our butt this year ......too much wind & rain . When we get a lot of rain it floods out the back of the yard and tells me we got a ton of water overnight . Guess that's why the mud pups are abundant now . There's still a lot of bait around for the trout , and they can move in real close to the schools in the cloudy water .

Tried the upper today.

Got up and found I was out of Flouro and pencils so a quick drop into wmart. Neither so I grabbed a #5 spinner and hit the water. Waded out to my spot and within minutes could feel a numbing tingle on top of my foot. After three casts I couldn't feel the top of my foot. Got out and there's a small worn spot where the wader and boot meet. :lol: Damm things I was told not to buy the cheapy's. They only lasted a year. Not sure if I can patchem or not.

Anyway the upper has cleared considerably so perhaps queenston is better than Port D for you L.O guys. Lots of room on the shore here.

Now off to buy and sell to shop for some waders and a pencil mould.

I've been willing 5 or 6 times the last couple weeks but the weather/water hasn't bothered cooperating yet. Cudos to those who have tried though :lol: ...it looks like there has been some success lately judging by the posts.

Guest canadadude

Went down for look myself and Mike Pike your right what a nasty day down there :):o !! 3 ft rollers in the harbour and dirty water coming in off the lake!! It should clear up quick though if the wind shifts! Current was coming down the eastside :lol:, havn't seen that for along time!!!

Archived