Today at Port D

Mike Pike

Well, it was great to meet so many of you from the board out at Port D today.

My day started on the west side but the lack of current( and fish )had me high-tailing it to the east side.

Didn't have any luck bottom bouncing in the current closer to the dam so I moved down to about the middle of the wall where the water was pretty slack. Met a fellow Hamiltonian( Pete )who shared his minnows and his still-fishing technique with me. Thanks very much Bud!

Anyhoo, the morning was pretty quiet for everyone, including the drift boat guys, from what I could see.

Closer to noon, though, things picked up and I think it was Rob who I saw hooking into a couple of chromers. I was getting a bit restless so I went back to bottom bouncing in the current.

No sooner do I leave than Pete hooks into a real beauty Bow.

A real gorgeous fish that he played skillfully and was able catch despite a poor net-man( Me ). It was pretty long and I couldn't get enough of it in my Frabil before it kept flopping out. Luckly, a fellow had a deeper one and using the two nets, Pete got his fish.

Awesome meeting Fishstick( Who also caught a beauty Bow ), Rob, Pope, Odysseus, etc. Sorry for those of you who I missed but I'm pretty bad with names.

Hope to run into you guys again over the next few days.

Cheers!

Guest canadadude

Hey mike pike that was beauty bow you grabed there now go an invest in a long handle deep belly net :):blush: and take away a few stressfull moments on the landing thingy :lol::lol:

Thanks for the report Mike Pike and the great pics. Thought I recognized Fishsticks white shoes :) in the pic. It looks like we will be soft water fishing foe a good while yet . Jan. 1 2007 will be 50 F (10C) with rain m but still good for Port .

Oh yes......time to renew licences ........

Well that is a nice fish there mike :worthy:

When i got down there at around 2:45 not 10 mins after i got there Sammy landed a nice small bow, then not long after that the port pro hooks into a really nice one, it was nice to see a few guys seems i haven't been out in a while maybe monday i will get a chance to get out.

Dallas :)

Archived