need some help. pike lakes

Smitty

over the last 5 years i having chasing pike in the spring. i have never really found a lake that produces consistant big fish. i have done g-bay and the kawarthas but would like to go north of parry sound. was wondering if anyone knew of any lakes that produce large numbers of pike as well as monsters that is within 5-6 hours. any help would be appreciated, i would like to start planning our yearly spring trip.

Thanks

Dave

smith_25_@hotmail.com

Guest johnson

If you want good pike in the spring the bancroft area has some good lakes. you can hit 4 or 5 lakes in a weekend and do well with 'charlies twitchin shads' Great bass fishn in the summer too.

Guest canadadude

The west arm of Lake Nippissing has some real nice Pike water,also great Muskie and walleye and is within the 5-6 hour range!!Try giving Lakair Lodge a call Beautifull scenery aswell and Lots of back bays full of weeds and pikies from small guys to monsters :worthy::huh:

lots of decent pike right in our own back yards if ya put in the time to hunt them down, they might not all be monsters, but there are 3 footer plus fish to be had....as for the Kawartha's, not that good of place to go on a spring pike mission, considering that pretty much the "true" Kawartha system doesn't even have any pike in it.

when i say kawarthas, i really mean canal lake in particular as well as dalrypl. lets say somewhere in ontario instead of within 5-6 hours. i dont really care how far it is. i would love to go on a fly in but cannot afford it at this time. has anyone ever fished the french river area for spring pike?

Guest canadadude

The West Arm is right next to the French River!! I fished the French for walleye and there are pike but I've had better Pike success at the West Arm thats why I mention it in my previous post for Pike :lol::blush: Both places do have good populations of Pike B)

Lake Muskoka has some monsters. I caught my personal best(close to 20 pounds) on there in late summer. The spring is supposed to be even better. Take a look at where they hold Pike Tournaments. There are lots every spring and they are starting to have huge payouts as well.

Archived