anyone know lower conditions?

Smitty

Don't know how reliable the source, but a gentleman at Port today said visibility was very poor at around 1 foot.

Pauly

I think the gentleman was right....the upper no looka so good either . Strong SW winds today didn't help ....and tomorrows winds will be the same.....

I was down from the pool yesterday and the river was chalked full of ice in every bay/drift

went to queenston and there wasn't as much ice and the water was

pretty good about 3' vis but there was alot of weeds turning in the water

which I assume is from the ice scraping the bottom?

No fish were caught using streamers,minnows and spoons.

Today the water above the falls was the highest I have seen in years

and chocolate brown again, It'll be a while b4 things clear up.

Time to hang up my noodle and hit the hard water.

Dave

good for the laker fishing , my spots seem to be decent enough if there is not too many chunks of ice floating around in them, kinda hit and miss this time of year for that anyways.

well you never know unless you try anyways, for those who know the river already know like I said, about the floating ice being a hit and miss thing, some times you go in the morning and it's great, then all the ice comes, then some times it's the other way around, nothing like losing a big one due to all the floating ice for sure,or funny how many times you might cringe while your line is peeling out during a great battle :lol: makes it a huge challenge, heck some times late winter laker fishing, when lots of ice builds up on the banks, and you don't feel safe standing on it because you never know how thin the current has warn it underneath, we would make our hooks barbless, and if we hooked into one, got it too the edge of the ice, and got the fishes head out of the water, had a good look at it, then shake it free, we counted that as a caught fish for the day :D Lots of wintery fun for sure. :lol:

Archived