Niagara report friday

Smitty

hit the niagara by queeston friday at about 1pm . first drift something smashed my power minnow, and after fifghting it for about a minute a duck comes up out of the water thrashing about. when i realized that the duck had my minnow in its mouth me and my buddy started laughing hasterically, but felt bad for the duck so i reeled it in to shore and my buudy held it down and we untagled the line and sent it free, but we had to cut the line at the hook as it was lodged in its throat.. the duck flew away fine but i felt really bad for it. After having a smoke to cool down from the expewrience first drift i hook a nice bow about 10 lbs. and landed him although it was fun trying to get him on the edge of the ice. Left shortly after that because i thought it was warmer than it really was.

water was crystal claer, and not much ice floating down.

Way to go smitty , the duck will be fine :worthy: It was a fish duck prob. ......tastes like chicken ! :D Nice going on the big bow , better fight than any old duck ! Get yourself a warm float suit .....they will keep your warm as toast . ......they will prob . be going on sale soon........ :worthy:

Archived