Town Meeting in Fort erie

We're not sure if Lake Erie is closed as of yesterday for the spawn but we know that for the last 3 days, Fort Erie has been pumping raw sewage into it. So much for spawning beds that work for us on this side of the lake. They're discussing and voting on a bill to icrease our rates nearly 11% so they can build a war chest to tackle the problem starting in :lol: ............................................ 4 years :lol:

I've registered as a delegation as I am oppinionated :P

If you Live in Fort Erie think about hitting Town Hall on Monday the 19th.

Now some people on here :) I won't say who :unsure: say tree huggers are antifishing idiots but if you look a little closer, some of us idiots see the direct link between wetlands and a healthy fishery. You know that awefull smell of rotting algae along the shoreline in Fort Erie come summertime? Thats due to the dumping of raw sewage and it's over fertilizing effect on the algae.

This in turn chokes the spawning/nursury habitat for the walleye/perch/blue pike etc. The reason the triclubs are trying to bring back the walleye to the Welland River is because the dumping of raw sewage killed the walleye off. The City of Welland still dumps between the auquaducts and they are also looking at a huge increase to fix it.

So like the anti tree huggers say :lol: get off your butts and tell your local electeds to fix the problem so we can swim and possibly even condider stocking the shoreline of Lake Erie with walleye some day. :lol:

Dan

In this world, we all need to be tree huggers if we hope to leave a healthy outdoors for the future. Every angler and hunter has got to decide to be a part of the solution or a part of the problem. THere is no in between anymore, and there won't be a fishery if we don't do something to protect it.

Archived